• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were members banned?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    So how do some get so offended that they want to leave?
    I leave. I come back. I leave. I come back. Such is the life of forums. Many of us do it.

Then there are those more dramatic types that like to use it as a threat to try and get their way. Who knows why.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
      I leave. I come back. I leave. I come back. Such is the life of forums. Many of us do it.

Then there are those more dramatic types that like to use it as a threat to try and get their way. Who knows why.
      I’m with you. I leave and still watch but don’t say much. This latest self time off was maybe a month? I left for me. I didn’t leave due to offence.

Our chickens are not laying worth a crap. Extra feed, relatively mild weather, light comes on at four AM. Were laying like a dang three weeks ago…

Comment

Last count I have at least 3 broody chickens…. And an unknown amount of little baby chickies that are darn lucky it hasn’t hit -20

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          After consistently degrading 95% of the posters on this site for years and offering near zero to commodity marketing let alone ag discussions much ever , I am amazed Chuck not in the box.
          He is the type that just worships authority. As soon as the edict came down, he quit posting new belligerent and purposely combative covid threads. He's not a complete idiot, he's not going to forfeit his soap box, not over a minor detail like principles.
          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Nov 23, 2021, 19:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post

Our chickens are not laying worth a crap. Extra feed, relatively mild weather, light comes on at four AM. Were laying like a dang three weeks ago…
            I think I know what happened here. Did you happen to have vaccinated your chickens recently? I've heard that the vaccine messes up periods and fertility. Which would have a very negative effect on your ability to market your egg commodity. Which should make this a safe topic to discuss on the commodity marketing forum.
            And I read it on the internet, so of course it has to be true...

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              I think I know what happened here. Did you happen to have vaccinated your chickens recently? I've heard that the vaccine messes up periods and fertility. Which would have a very negative effect on your ability to market your egg commodity. Which should make this a safe topic to discuss on the commodity marketing forum.
              And I read it on the internet, so of course it has to be true...
              Nah, gave them horse wormer. lol

Comment

No! Noooo! That is what got everybody in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                  No! Noooo! That is what got everybody in trouble.
                  It's okay, it's marketing related.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                    Confused you with ABF4?
                    Maybe. Either that or else it's compensation for the heroic, selfless, thankless job I perform debating chuck every day?

Comment

No. That can’t be it.

Comment

Tom4?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                          Tom4?
                          As I stated earlier... the possible legal liabilities to these people... and Agriville were more than theoretical issues. A warning was given... not understood... perhaps we can all add this to our 'learned lessons'... it is very humbling... and extremely expensive when legal proceedings must be defended against...

'Social Media' has been put on notice... in Canadian law; that legally they now hold responsibility to monitor and remove comments that can be taken the wrong way... particularly when health matters that have 'public health' safety implications are involved. Facebook and Twitter have responded to this issue. And no I did not complain nor communicate my "Legal" 'opinion' on these possible legal litigation issues...[was taught this and learned the hard way through recent costly experience defending against legal litigation] in recent days leading up to our present situation. Personal "constitutional rights'...are a relative matter... "Free Speech" is not free nor guaranteed under Canadian law... if "Peace, order, and "Good Government" constitutional authority is involved and invoked by government authorities on the above public issues;
                          particularly health matters... IMHO.

Cheers, our 'brave' new world... leaves behind many 'freedoms' we were accustomed to taking as rights and for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                            As I stated earlier... the possible legal liabilities to these people... and Agriville were more than theoretical issues. A warning was given... not understood... perhaps we can all add this to our 'learned lessons'... it is very humbling... and extremely expensive when legal proceedings must be defended against...

'Social Media' has been put on notice... in Canadian law; that legally they now hold responsibility to monitor and remove comments that can be taken the wrong way... particularly when health matters that have 'public health' safety implications are involved. Facebook and Twitter have responded to this issue. And no I did not complain nor communicate my "Legal" 'opinion' on these possible legal litigation issues...[was taught this and learned the hard way through recent costly experience defending against legal litigation] in recent days leading up to our present situation. Personal "constitutional rights'...are a relative matter... "Free Speech" is not free nor guaranteed under Canadian law... if "Peace, order, and "Good Government" constitutional authority is involved and invoked by government authorities on the above public issues;
                            particularly health matters... IMHO.

Cheers, our 'brave' new world... leaves behind many 'freedoms' we were accustomed to taking as rights and for granted.
                            P.S. ... from a farm 'risk management' perspective... Covid-19 issues [litigation liability coverage] I was told by my insurance carrier... are not covered in liability commonly carried in farm insurance policies... nor was any additional coverage available to purchased; when I inquired last week.

This adds a further legal level of monetary risk to "social 'media'" carriers... I would respectfully suggest... from what I have learned.

BTW... our yellow seed pea germinations came back poorly... cereals look to be good germs generally this year...

Low trading volumes with high volatility in many commodity markets this 'holiday' season... the atmospheric rivers hitting the Vancouver region could further add price risk to our marketing plans!

Cheers
                            Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 24, 2021, 07:47.

Comment

I was told on Facebook this week that raw eggs are only a salmonella risk if eaten more than once a week. I wonder if that would stand up legally if I got sick… 🤔

Comment

Besides the legal liabilities , there is a moral obligation to not allow the spread of disinformation which harms society as a whole. Free speech is only as good as the message and if it does not harm the rights of everyone.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...