• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were members banned?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, a few were warned and are gone. Keep posting Covid and Climate change find another site or another arena not put in Commodity marketing.

It's easy.

Now some got hit with a ban arguing back against some of the usual trouble makers.

Yes, free speech is nice but shit Covid is old news lets move on already and so is climate change. Its warm in Regina today and really cold tomorrow that's not climate change just a normal early winter day.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      Yes, a few were warned and are gone. Keep posting Covid and Climate change find another site or another arena not put in Commodity marketing.

It's easy.

Now some got hit with a ban arguing back against some of the usual trouble makers.

Yes, free speech is nice but shit Covid is old news lets move on already and so is climate change. Its warm in Regina today and really cold tomorrow that's not climate change just a normal early winter day.
      Who is missing?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

It's easy.

Climate change is relevant to commodity marketing if you take the long view. The question is not whether climate is changing but whether it will happen faster than we can adapt or whether we can or should try to affect the change.

Comment

A few on here that seem to crave an audience felt the need to turn every thread into an argument over the virus which was futile as most people have there own strong convictions about the topic and there is no changing anyones position at this point. I assume those individuals are now in the penalty box for a time out. We have lost some valuable contributors to this site because of the on going bickering so maybe it’s time to get back to some riveting discussion on actual commodities. Jmo.
          On that note, considering taking a position on November new crop canola as values looking very attractive. Not normally my nature to pre sell a crop not produced yet. Still thinking lentils and durum have a lot of legs to run yet so old crop sales still sitting at 0%. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
            Climate change is relevant to commodity marketing if you take the long view. The question is not whether climate is changing but whether it will happen faster than we can adapt or whether we can or should try to affect the change.
            Good point. First settlers found a lot warmer climate when they first came but soon found it got colder. The opposite was found in other locales. Climate changes human influenced or not. It is just how we adapt properly. That is why I think more should be done on the adapting rather than taxing everyone into poverty.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
              Oh my now your a correct spelling freak.
              *You're*

Comment

That's quite a sweep of near all the posters in the V-2 thread !
                Is that a timeout or done like dinner ?

Comment

It would appear that the following were placed into the penalty box for 90 days:

-thebigwheel
                  -sumdumguy
                  -farmboy44
                  -burnt
                  -parsley
                  -Ache4Acres
                  -jazz
                  -biglentil
                  -jwab
                  -dmlfarmer
                  -Stormin
                  -newguy
                  -foragefarmer

That's just what I'm seeing on my end. Perhaps others. Gonna be awful quiet around here. Plenty of those individuals had intriguing viewpoints on alot of topics other than Covid.

Personally I think it would be nice if we could keep the commodity forum more "ag" related. If there's an element of covid that you can draw back to ag, then by all means it should be allowed. If you want to rip at each others throats then probably best to put that somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                    It would appear that the following were placed into the penalty box for 90 days:

-thebigwheel
                    -sumdumguy
                    -farmboy44
                    -burnt
                    -parsley
                    -Ache4Acres
                    -jazz
                    -biglentil
                    -jwab
                    -dmlfarmer
                    -Stormin
                    -newguy
                    -foragefarmer

That's just what I'm seeing on my end. Perhaps others. Gonna be awful quiet around here. Plenty of those individuals had intriguing viewpoints on alot of topics other than Covid.

Personally I think it would be nice if we could keep the commodity forum more "ag" related. If there's an element of covid that you can draw back to ag, then by all means it should be allowed. If you want to rip at each others throats then probably best to put that somewhere else.
                    Guess we’ll see how nice (or not) the conversations go with them in lurk mode.

Comment

So I wonder why I escaped The Purge? I had been conversing with farmboy44 just before they all got kicked off. In fact I was just attempting to respond to his very gracious post where he acknowledged Stormin's post, but I couldn't find it.

Comment

So how do some get so offended that they want to leave? Like, why does one have to click on every thread? I just don’t get it? Do others have an agriville that when they open it, forces them against their bloody will to read each thread they see?

I think far more will leave because of this ridiculous banning of free speech, than would ever leave because, sniff sniff, boo hoo, people talk about non commodity related issues that in a lot of peoples’ views are important, perhaps in the case of the current issue of potential force, the most important thing happening in our society in our modern times.

I mean if I see a thread that I find stupid, I could care less. I don’t sniffle and whine and complain to the moderators. Even when a certain couple or three of the clowns tried to defame me personally, whine and snivel about my business, and insult me personally, I never complained. Who cares?

When you go to the coffee shop, do you only discuss commodity marketing? It’s just crazy. CBC crazy. Justin Trudeau crazy.

I guess if ppl. don’t see it that way, fine. But a line must be drawn somewhere, no? Mommy and daddy can only hold your hands so long.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          So I wonder why I escaped The Purge? I had been conversing with farmboy44 just before they all got kicked off. In fact I was just attempting to respond to his very gracious post where he acknowledged Stormin's post, but I couldn't find it.
                          Confused you with ABF4?

Comment

Poop. I just realized I got new chickens that would make good models.

Comment

It is not banning of free speech. No one is censoring what you can and can't see, only insisting that we posted in the appropriate forum instead of poisoning this one.
                              No different than enforcing parking in handicap zones, or using the appropriate washroom. Although the latter maybe a poor example in this day and age.

Go to the rural issues forum post your reviews and see if you get kicked off or not. I am willing to bet that you will discover that the administrators will leave us alone if we follow there very simple rule and allow us to post anything we want there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                                Guess we’ll see how nice (or not) the conversations go with them in lurk mode.
                                After consistently degrading 95% of the posters on this site for years and offering near zero to commodity marketing let alone ag discussions much ever , I am amazed Chuck not in the box.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...