• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGM Seed and Grain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM Seed and Grain

Anybody ever deal with these guys? Reputable?

I thought it was bad enough MGM had those men with nice white shirts and bow ties that always win at cards, now your saying they are going to beat us with seeds at our own game.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
      I thought it was bad enough MGM had those men with nice white shirts and bow ties that always win at cards, now your saying they are going to beat us with seeds at our own game.
      I’m just hoping I don’t bet my oats, and they flip ace/king and take it all!

Comment

I've been dealing with them for a couple of years and no issues yet.

Comment

What do organic oats trade for these days Bob?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
            They told me $10 for conventional undessicated oats, and $12 for organic delivered to Saskatoon.

Comment

20% bump for organic won't bring on many new growers?

I'm going to guess organic acres are in for a setback in the growth they have experienced if that is representative of the premiums available?
              Last edited by shtferbrains; Nov 23, 2021, 11:56.

Comment

Either that or else everyone goes organic because they can longer afford the fertilizer.

Comment

Its much easier to grow organic crops, and have reasonable yields in higher rain fall areas with longer growing seasons, for example alfalfa makes sense.

In drought prone Sask or southern Alberta its very very difficult not just to compete but to survive.
                  Last edited by Rareearth; Nov 23, 2021, 20:34.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                    The best I have been quoted was 13 picked up. Email yesterday was new crop 10 dollars delivered to Grainmillers.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                      Either that or else everyone goes organic because they can longer afford the fertilizer.
                      Or the sprays.

Could be a lot of organic next year!

Comment

Grain Millers in Yorkton is doing gluten free now too, up against MGM and Avena. Good premiums normally for that stuff there.

Comment

Richardson in Portage offering $14.00 delivered.
                          Grain Millers $12.50 picked up and 13.50 on gluten free.
                          Wondering what prices others are hearing. Don’t wanna bite the bullet too soon, but don’t want to wait till prices drop either.

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
                            Richardson in Portage offering $14.00 delivered.
                            Grain Millers $12.50 picked up and 13.50 on gluten free.
                            Wondering what prices others are hearing. Don’t wanna bite the bullet too soon, but don’t want to wait till prices drop either.
                            That $14.00 to Richardson Portage is for organic. You got me all excited to sell my conventionally grown for that! lol Phoned my Richardson merchant and got him to confirm prices. Ended up selling for $10.50 delivered to Richardson Barrhead, Alberta.

Comment

Sorry about not pointing out that was organic. Organic usually 30-50% premium over conventional.
                              So if you can get 10.50 for conventional, organic may still have a bit of upside, hopefully. Earlier this fall Grain Miller’s sent an email with their price for organic oats, and also said they were open to reasonable offers. That’s a first!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...