• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You gotta love this business plan.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You gotta love this business plan.

According to BNN Bloomberg, CN chief executive officer JJ Ruest told investors lost revenue from the outages, which represent five percent of the railway's shipping volumes, can be recuperated by raising shipping prices to move cargo within Western Canada.

And that's why stock prices won't drop shareholders will give out nice Christmas bonuses to boss for those solutions to current problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      According to BNN Bloomberg, CN chief executive officer JJ Ruest told investors lost revenue from the outages, which represent five percent of the railway's shipping volumes, can be recuperated by raising shipping prices to move cargo within Western Canada.
      I saw that too Bucket. Puts me in mind of something a BIL once said “Wouldn’t be a surprise if you are expecting it”

Comment

And some parts of the industry get to use """Force Majeure"'

Comment

We are about to pay more in freight , it will be justified on “higher grain prices” just like everything else .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            We are about to pay more in freight , it will be justified on “higher grain prices” just like everything else .
            Well that's the price farmers pay for sponsorship for your groups that are speaking on your behalf. Thank goodness that CROW is gone so farmers can help out.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
              Well that's the price farmers pay for sponsorship for your groups that are speaking on your behalf. Thank goodness that CROW is gone so farmers can help out.
              Oo, that's gonna leave a mark...

Comment

I learned this year that this type of business model is more common than I realized.

I hired what appeared to be an established reputable company, they provided a quote comparable to the competition, and were able to do it sooner. Assured me they had done it before.

It took more than twice as long as quoted, mostly due to working painfully slowly, and it was quite apparent they were learning how to do it as they went along.

At the end, I was presented with a bill for nearly twice what was quoted, and informed that this was already a significant discount to the actual cost.

When I protested, I was told to call his wife and negotiate.

And the justification for calling the wife: Only she knows how much money is in their account, and by extension knows how much they need to bill me.

Needless to say, it didn't work out that way for them.

I didn't know it worked that way, so I tried it next time I sold some calves...

Next example, I had some renters who weren't paying rent. When confronted, they explained how they understood that because we were building a house we needed the money.
                Apparently, their need to pay rent was dependant on our need for the money. Not dependant on their agreement to pay rent in exchange for a place to live.

That didn't end well for them.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                  Again you’re out to lunch Walter.

It’s kind of crazy how little is known about railroad pricing and agriculture…Look up the MRE. It’s poor bastards who are captive to CN or CP who’s rates are sky rocketing. The MRE is one of the most pivotal pieces of legislation that farmers have. And no, grain prices don’t play a roll in what CN or CP can charge.

Comment

Originally posted by saskcanfarmer View Post
                    Again you’re out to lunch Walter.

It’s kind of crazy how little is known about railroad pricing and agriculture…Look up the MRE. It’s poor bastards who are captive to CN or CP who’s rates are sky rocketing. The MRE is one of the most pivotal pieces of legislation that farmers have. And no, grain prices don’t play a roll in what CN or CP can charge.
                    What part am I out to lunch on? I didn't mention MRE, that was a result of farmers (at least some) pushing the gov't to get rid of the Crow rate. I was never in favor of the way the CROW was removed or the way farmers were bought out or should I say sold out? In my opinion that was done by the gov't of the day under pressure from farmers only trying to buy votes. It backed fired on both sides, Liberals ended up losing and so did farmers. CPC could have changed it when in power but never did. So here we are.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...