• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with an inverter/generator

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with an inverter/generator

i know i have asked before , but are all inverter/generators clean power?

Sorry just scrolling.

What do you mean clean power?

Comment

someone straightened me out last year
      an ordinary genset will blow up circuit boards in appliances, furnace, etc in a house
      surge protector only helps once
      and in fact a fella here blew up several last night and using a generlink switch with surge protection at meter
      one fella on here , can't remember who? , really knew his shit
      Last edited by Guest; Nov 17, 2021, 19:35.

Comment

Not all, you will need a pure sine wave to be considered clean power, the modified sine wave is kinda hard on some things.

Comment

https://westinghouseoutdoorpower.com...rter-generator
          Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
          Not all, you will need a pure sine wave to be considered clean power, the modified sine wave is kinda hard on some things.
          is that brand specific? how would this one rate?
          Last edited by Guest; Nov 17, 2021, 19:28.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            is that brand specific?
            Depends what your plan is. Generac out of Saskatoon can definitely help.

Comment

An ordinary generator is clean power if it’s running properly, I bought a plug-in voltage reader that also shows how many hertz the generator is running at, I’m a bit of a generator collector, way more than I should own, any way the hertz were all over the place from 54 all the way to 65, change the engine rpm and it will change the hertz, 60 hertz is golden.

Comment

just backup emergency power with a generlink switch that goes between meter and housing
                Last edited by Guest; Nov 17, 2021, 19:34.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                  An ordinary generator is clean power if it’s running properly, I bought a plug-in voltage reader that also shows how many hertz the generator is running at, I’m a bit of a generator collector, way more than I should own, any way the hertz were all over the place from 54 all the way to 65, change the engine rpm and it will change the hertz, 60 hertz is golden.
                  how about when they're running outta fuel and hesitating ?
                  we also have a 5kw light stand with diesel kubota , how would it be ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    how about when they're running outta fuel and hesitating ?
                    we also have a 5kw light stand with diesel kubota , how would it be ?
                    Keep the generator fuelled up. The kubota should be fine, the biggest problem I run into is the hertz are out of whack on the small gas generators from the rpm and the cheep settings they have, if the kubota is running the proper rpm it’s worth a try, it probably is running at the right speed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...