• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cargo Insurance on farm Trucks...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cargo Insurance on farm Trucks...

My brother and I were talking about slippery roads and accident costs yesterday...we are delivering to Bunge this week...

45t of Nexera Canola.. yesterday was quoted at over $24/bu yesterday... $50,000 on one load of Canola....

Fert even costs more, perhaps $75,000...

How many farmers have increased their cargo insurance on their farm truck insurance policies this much?

$20,000 used to be sufficient... hmmm, don't have an accident... have you got an emergency response plan for a farm truck accident? A clean up plan and response team? Clean up cost could exceed $100,000...?!!! Does your insurance cover this?

Cheers
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 17, 2021, 05:53.

5 mil liability covers most of this but every ins claim treated different. More worried about small car driving under fuel tanks when making left hand turns cause they don't have time to wait or don't watch turn signals.Question is does there have to be another car or wildlife to cover cleanup if you hit the ditch and spill trailers ?

Comment

i checked ours when we shipped alfalfa, we were covered for $250 k
      a full super bee of alfalfa is about $220k
      good reminder tom

Comment

Just don't hit a train

Comment

Rather current topic here as well.
          Usual farm ins companies policies and practices sure changing things up lately.
          A lot more info regarding exposure on every item. All personnel listed. A modernization so to speak.
          A full review coming here this winter. Not changing companies but switching agents. Ag industry knowledge more important now than ever.
          It usually snows when I hit the road in a truck so I seldom venture out in winter at all. I organize that luxury.
          Not interested in my own TV show lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...