• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard......

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard......

Any more about these set aside tags? Our govt propoganda says the electronic tag needs a "unique back" to identify the set aside calves. Talked to the local UFA today and they suggested they'd have electronic tags in january and hadn't heard of this special back piece for them at all. Wouldn't it be best if one decides to be in this program to get it done right off the bat? Seems if the tags are supposed to be available Oct. 1 the local managers should be informed about such. Just wondering if anyone has been able to get a line on these. Thanks.

I just called round all our local suppliers and they knew nothing of the scheme. Phoned the Rural Services(?) office in Edmonton where they assured me that they would be available at most normal tag suppliers, priced $10. I told her that was news to the retailers but she said they would be available - possibly not by October 1st though. This is not good enough if these are not available it comprimises the whole program - 1st of December start would exclude a lot more cattle from entering. I think if they don't have them in stock on October 1st there will needs to be a rule to allow submitting a form before tagging animals.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.