• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grocery store shortages coming

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only grew wheat this year and think this just screwed me.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
      Went to Steinbach to pick up tractor parts and went past a lot of grain terminals there and back things are already looking pretty quiet. Jan and Feb will be brutal around this province.
      Will be very quiet for sure in many areas
      I say good , they can stare down the empty lane ways and ponder who keeps the lights on

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Will be very quiet for sure in many areas
        I say good , they can stare down the empty lane ways and ponder who keeps the lights on
        Not good when the grain has no where to go.

Comment

90 days they figure Vancouver is down for.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
            Only grew wheat this year and think this just screwed me.
            You are good. It'll go south. Probably not exactly what you wanted to hear but at least there's an option.

Comment

Not good when the grain has no where to go.
              Agree , but most is gone here

Comment

Now I saw on news liquor shortages 🤤

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Agree , but most is gone here
                  I have sold nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                    You are good. It'll go south. Probably not exactly what you wanted to hear but at least there's an option.
                    Doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      Now I saw on news liquor shortages 🤤
                      Good thing wife is making wine.

Comment

I have sold nothing.
                        May be good or bad

10 bushel contracts grabbed most here

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                          90 days they figure Vancouver is down for.
                          The Coq is pooched for quite awhile. I'm doubting it gets going in any serious manner any time soon... the weather only gets worse from here on in till some time in march.

Hwy 1 is washed out. Hwy 3 is inaccessible until such time as they can get the bottom stretch of the Coq up and running, and Hwy 99 is nowhere near equipped to handle what's necessary to soak up what comes in or goes out of the lower mainland.

Rail is washed out through the Hwy 1 corridor... does anyone know if the old BCrail link is still in existence from P.G. down through lilloet and Whistler coming into Vancouver from the NW? Regardless I seriously doubt its capable of soaking up the main lines!

The knock on's are going to start showing up if things aren't rectified SOON! Nearly all Asian container traffic destined for Canada passes through the vancouver ports. Think of all the Chi**** widgets at wal mart, canadian tire, etc. Think of all the parts, appliances, building supplies, etc. All this stuff is little better than just in time... what does a 2 week let alone 2 month cessation looks like? Surely we could just push those boats through LA/LB... just put them in the near hundred boat que. Nearly all lower mainland animal feed is brought in for "just in time" consumption. Think dairy, poultry and eggs, etc. Do they bring feed up through the I5 corridor from washington/oregon/california? Do they cull?

Trans Mountain has been shut in until integrity can be assessed. Nearly all lower mainland fuel is provided by a single refinery in Burnaby, the terminus of Trans Mountain. A small portion is trucked in from Washington. Do they run out of fuel? Again, all this crap is little better than "just in time". Inventory costs $$$!

This is BAD! The cascading supply chain failures just keep coming this year!

Comment

OMG! Bare shelves at the Dollar Store! Oh the humanity.

Comment

coquihalla

Comment

I have sold nothing.
                                Likewise, glysophate up 19% today at retailer from last week, I think grain prices are going to have to go up...I'll wait.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...