• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now The Organized Takedown of Global Fertilizer Supply?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now The Organized Takedown of Global Fertilizer Supply?

Last edited by biglentil; Nov 15, 2021, 02:07.

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
    Big Lentil;

As I indicated as China is declaring 'economic terrorist warfare' on Western Civilization by shorting our fertilizer supply, intentionally;

As the Chinese 'Nation State' now controls vast market share/production capacity globally, then Blackmails our market economies with withdrawal of critical input supplies necessary for food production... this threat is then no less than:
    'economic terrorist warfare'.

The threat of disruption to our grain production and commodity markets [by China and Russia] globally cannot be underestimated.

China and Russia can easily manipulate; now more easily... grain production of Western Civilization, BECAUSE OF CLIMATE CHANGE 'GREEN REVOLUTION'... we have put ourselves and our western economies in peril of catastrophic shortages of energy and food security needs are now never more at risk.

This is unprecedented in history, a threat to us as farmers and humanity in general.Western Canada is extremely dry... I see Jan 23 Canola now at $816/t and Nov 23 $806... obviously I am not the only one feeling the threat!

Cheers
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 15, 2021, 08:08.

Comment

Yara was going to twin the Belle Plaine plant.

Said it was too expensive.

The west has done it to themselves.

People in power allowed manufacturing to move to China.

Don't blame China and Russia for our own failings. Business leaders here have allowed it to happen and political leaders forced it.

Comment

North America got lazy instead of producing things they went with let’s make paper money and bullshit.

Lots made billions but now we will be controlled by two of the best China and Russia knew lazy fat ****ers are easy to control

Comment

Natural gas hasn’t even doubled here. Maybe in Europe. I tried to get more n production in western Canada. Lost some money while trying to do it. I think a lot of farmers thought the same

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Yara was going to twin the Belle Plaine plant.

Said it was too expensive.

The west has done it to themselves.

People in power allowed manufacturing to move to China.

Don't blame China and Russia for our own failings. Business leaders here have allowed it to happen and political leaders forced it.
            They all had their part, but the blame comes closer to home than your charges.

It's my fault, triggered by an action I committed about 40 years ago.

I clearly remember the day when I went to the hardware store to get a set of tin snips and found the selection of the shelf.

There were two choices that appeared to be identical, but the one set was priced half the cost of the other. A closer look showed that the one was made in Canada while the other was - yup - made in China.

Easy choice, right? And so justifiable - the price of veal calves was not very good, cash flow was very tight and - the list of good reasons was long.

Well, the cheap set left an extra $12.00 in my wallet. At the time, that was about half a week's groceries, very significant for a struggling young family. Oh so justifiable.

And multiply that by the purchasing habits of 30 million people and you see how we got to where we are today, 40 years later.

All for 12 bucks.

What did those tin snips really cost me? Us?

Although I still have the tin snips and used one of them just last week, it turns out I can't afford them now.

Comment

We know Russia and China are disrupters but, what would China's motivation be for,shorting fertilizer supplies,to the west? They are major importers of food and feedstock. Input shortages in the west lead to tighter supplies and higher prices don't they? Would seemingly be the opposite of what China would,want.
              Last edited by Braveheart; Nov 15, 2021, 07:54.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                They all had their part, but the blame comes closer to home than your charges.

It's my fault, triggered by an action I committed about 40 years ago.

I clearly remember the day when I went to the hardware store to get a set of tin snips and found the selection of the shelf.

There were two choices that appeared to be identical, but the one set was priced half the cost of the other. A closer look showed that the one was made in Canada while the other was - yup - made in China.

Easy choice, right? And so justifiable - the price of veal calves was not very good, cash flow was very tight and - the list of good reasons was long.

Well, the cheap set left an extra $12.00 in my wallet. At the time, that was about half a week's groceries, very significant for a struggling young family. Oh so justifiable.

And multiply that by the purchasing habits of 30 million people and you see how we got to where we are today, 40 years later.

All for 12 bucks.

What did those tin snips really cost me? Us?

Although I still have the tin snips and used one of them just last week, it turns out I can't afford them now.
                Many countries are addicted to importing from cheap labour countries.Can we kick that addiction on a dime.? No we can not.Does it make it right to do nothing then.No it is not.Inflation seems to be the political topic of choice these days.Can you imagine the inflation when we start a made in Canada only buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                  We know Russia and China are disrupters but, what would China's motivation be for,shorting fertilizer supplies,to the west? They are major importers of food and feedstock. Input shortages in the west lead to richter supplies and higher prices don't they? Would seemingly be the opposite of what China would,want.
                  Good points but I think china and Russia are trying to teach the spoiled trust fund kid a lesson that will be ignored because he is

A. Stupid
                  B. Never worked a day in his life
                  C. Is set for life
                  D. Panders to stupid causes
                  E. Doesn't give two shits about western Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                    Many countries are addicted to importing from cheap labour countries.Can we kick that addiction on a dime.? No we can not.Does it make it right to do nothing then.No it is not.Inflation seems to be the political topic of choice these days.Can you imagine the inflation when we start a made in Canada only buying.
                    I'm sure it would have some of the effect you allude to, but that is likely less than half of the equation of the inflationary cycle.

To my way of thinking, the greater impact on cost of living and goods is far more heavily affected by bad government policy leaching bureaucracy and over-regulation.

To elaborate - how much of the price of any given product is actually tied directly to the cost of material, labour and bricks'n'mortar? And how much is the cost of overhead brought on by regulation and deadwood, non-productive wage-takers?

When only one half of the work force is actually productive and the other half in paid out of the public purse, leading to stupidly high and unsupportable taxes and fees, doesn't that spell trouble for an economy?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Good points but I think china and Russia are trying to teach the spoiled trust fund kid a lesson that will be ignored because he is

A. Stupid
                      B. Never worked a day in his life
                      C. Is set for life
                      D. Panders to stupid causes
                      E. Doesn't give two shits about western Canada.
                      Russia is currently teaching the woke EU a lesson about the importance of natural gas supply and demand in winter. Skippy, Butts and climate barbie killed most pipelines, investments which could of provided LNG or oil exports.

Russia gets natural gas $, Canada gets carbon taxes, Putin laughs.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                        Russia is currently teaching the woke EU a lesson about the importance of natural gas supply and demand in winter. Skippy, Butts and climate barbie killed most pipelines, investments which could of provided LNG or oil exports.

Russia gets natural gas $, Canada gets carbon taxes, Putin laughs.
                        You say it much better, hopefully the liberal voters can understand.

Comment

The main reason nothing is made over here any more is that canuckistan has had leftist governments for over 50 years and they have put the labor force on the government payroll for political reasons. My solution to this problem would be to fire 2/3 of the public disservice immediately. Then I would slow the money printing so that interest rates go up. That way the value of a hard earned dollar does not disappear and work will once again be associated with money.

Comment

For certain we are in very strange times. The fertilzer markets have been unreal. I have been following Josh Linville on twitter. I have had the chance to hear him on webnars too. It has helped me understand some of what is going on. Like many of you come spring almost all of what we need for fert will be onfarm. It is easy to believe that someone is manipulating this market but it seems there has just been a perfect storm for prices for the most of this year and next spring as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                              Don't be blaming China or Putin out here blame nutrien , cargill, yara they've got control !
                              You got it wiseguy. Just checked the WEF partners list under Y. Everyone of those names you just mentioned is a partner of the World Economic Forum. The architects of Agenda 2030 and the Great Reset, that predict by 2030 "You will own nothing and be happy". It's not a 'conspiracy' theory when massive NGO's along with their public and private partnerships conspire against us. It's conspiracy fact.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211115-091746_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	772068
                              Last edited by biglentil; Nov 15, 2021, 09:25.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...