• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The latest threat to phosphate supplies is electric vehicles

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
    You're so negative. I think they're just playing the same game as everybody else and winning.
    Interesting thought... wasn't meant to be particularly 'NEGATIVE'... JUST REALISTIC!

When Hurricane 'Ida' took much of the US fertilizer production off line for months.... we are very vulnerable in North America to 'Supply Chain' disruptions... with global stocks of grain short and getting shorter.

Our grain bins on our farm have Never been this empty at this time of the year since 2002.

We can't be alone. I see Nov 22 Canola at $815/t now.. and Nov 23 $806. This is unprecedented... so I obviously am not alone in my concerns for our grain security globally.

I wonder how many farmers in Aussie land really know how extremely dry it is in western Canada....

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
      Interesting thought... wasn't meant to be particularly 'NEGATIVE'... JUST REALISTIC!

When Hurricane 'Ida' took much of the US fertilizer production off line for months.... we are very vulnerable in North America to 'Supply Chain' disruptions... with global stocks of grain short and getting shorter.

Our grain bins on our farm have Never been this empty at this time of the year since 2002.

We can't be alone. I see Nov 22 Canola at $815/t now.. and Nov 23 $806. This is unprecedented... so I obviously am not alone in my concerns for our grain security globally.

I wonder how many farmers in Aussie land really know how extremely dry it is in western Canada....
      Most Aussie farmers would look at us and say we don't know what dry is. My grain bins are like what you disscribe above thou.

Comment

Does anyone remember when gas prices were on the rise years ago? Reason was the world was running out of O&G. Maybe we should split the difference and use 1/2 as much oil and 1/2 renewables or electric.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
          Does anyone remember when gas prices were on the rise years ago? Reason was the world was running out of O&G. Maybe we should split the difference and use 1/2 as much oil and 1/2 renewables or electric.
          The stone age didn't end because of a lack of stones.

Civilization willingly moved beyond that era because of better alternatives and a generally improved lifestyle resulting from innovation.

None of the unreliable "renewables" that have been forced upon us have provided a better lifestyle for any of society or sustainability.

In fact they have proven to be no benefit at all - other than to the well-connected friends of crooked and very stupid politicians - and have now led to energy crises that are only beginning to make themselves felt across the developed world.

The existing, deplorable excuses for "renewables" has only hurt the developed world.

Only the appearance of a better, more affordable replacement for oil will precipitate the redirect of our energy source.

IMHO, the greatest hindrance to finding such alternatives is the concentration of wealth and power into too few hands, stifling and eliminating the creativity and potential of the vast majority of the earth's population.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
            China is declaring 'economic terrorist warfare' on Western Civilization.

When the Chinese 'Nation State' controls vast market share, then Blackmails market economies with withdrawal of critical input supplies necessary for food production... this threat is then no less than:
            economic terrorist warfare'.

The threat of disruption to commodity markets [by China and Russia] globally cannot be underestimated.

China and Russia can easily break Western Civilization, BECAUSE OF CLIMATE CHANGE 'GREEN REVOLUTION'... we have put our western economies in peril of catastrophic shortages of energy and food security needs.

This is unprecedented in history, a threat to us as farmers and humanity in general.

Cheers
            Go ahead play the victim role and cry for pity. Don't forget to pray, God will solve your problems, why are you whining? Oops, sorry to slap you across the face but I think you need it.

Comment

[QUOTE=TOM4CWB;517847

I wonder how many farmers in Aussie land really know how extremely dry it is in western Canada....[/QUOTE]

There's a saying here that goes like this

"Suck it up princess."

Comment

"Suck it up princess."
                I read nothing in Tom's responses crying for sympathy or anything else.

Do try and deny your nature occasionally.

Comment

"Suck it up princess."
                  Just heard COP26 had a supposed agreement of 40t$ of capital to not have investments in fossil fuels.

Interesting over the weekend an acquaintance reported that their family could not run air conditioning this summer in Edmonton area city…

Because their neighborhood plugged is their EV ‘s when they got home and overloaded the local electrical grid.

We have seen nothing yet in the complexities and complications to come… the obvious outcome of the poorly planned supposed conversion to Zero carbon energy sources… which in fact is not practical nor realistic in the next ten years… for the vast majority of our energy requirements.

Hold on tight… this is the perfect storm of volitility and supplies being stranded and breaking down just in time delivery of food and energy.

Cheers… a bright new future for those who can ride this Bronc… it is a wild time ahead!!!

Comment

I can see gly going to $20/ltr
                    Which would still be a bargain compared to the economic and ecological cost of trying to farm without it.

Comment

Glyphos was over $20 lt when direct seed was becoming accepted??
                      Lot went on at 1/2 ltr if there were no perennials.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                        Glyphos was over $20 lt when direct seed was becoming accepted??
                        Lot went on at 1/2 ltr if there were no perennials.
                        shit it was over $40/liter in 84

Comment

Should be a glyphosate plant running in western Canada by mid summer.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                            where?

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                              Are you talking about the one by Agracity?

Comment

Originally posted by Ooofty View Post
                                Are you talking about the one by Agracity?
                                Still will be bringing in the salt from china, and all of the additives from the US and blending it here, instead of sending all of the attitudes to China and sending back all of the bulked up liquid. Still subject to supply of the underlying chemicals, and shipping disruptions.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...