• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday

Click image for larger version

Name:	F44CA503-9C2E-40D0-9E54-DFA62425901D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	779681

Well all good things have to come to a end, the 2021 growing season ended yesterday for our area. 3 to 4 in of snow and rain before the snow.

This big goose did like all Canadian geese headed south yesterday afternoon.

Regina had zero snow so it was time to go.

Border was easy, do you have both vaccines. Yep. How long down? Good enjoy your time in the USA.

Last week was put away equipment clean up some more bush and landscape. Work the last sloughs and do a few again. Harrow the last half then put everything away.

Looking for a good newer track hoe and newer Cat 7 high track. Beaver huts are so hard to take apart.

With two young guys coming on to farm it look for extra land time. Buy or rent but I hate renting. Big land sale is still up for grabs what will happen with the land either rented out or new renters. Looks like the Chinese are leaving land and moving on to other things.

Fill in your crop insurance yields.

Cargill is finally staring to pay and no interest was added.

Will get to Waterloo today. But with Deere strike it’s all closed. Then Nashville or Memphis. Will decide at St Louis.

I hate snow it was time to go.

Lots o Canadian plates on the road.

Name:	9A0E39E8-7F7D-401E-B9BA-E3BB7BF7995C.jpg
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	779682

Remember today is Remberance day take time for a min of silence to remember.

Snowing in Minot. Shit I hate the white stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      Snowing in Minot. Shit I hate the white stuff.
      Drive hard, it's chasing you away! No worries, farm will sleep safe under the white blanket...

Comment

In Fargo and it’s starting to rain. Some guys still combining corn but not much left. On the drive today
        Last edited by SASKFARMER; Nov 11, 2021, 11:23.

Comment

Should have come west SF. Sunny and +5 with no wind just perfect by me. Could’ve tried out an 8 to see how you like it. We thought about a 7 when we got this one but I’m glad we got the bigger one.

Perfect weather to get ready for weaning too.

Safe travels 🍀

Comment

Have a couple of nearby freinds that have 6R's that can do anything I have ever needed.
            16 ft dozers. One guy has a brush rake for piling and seems to be able to take out those willow windrows with zero dirt.
            Both guys have hoes and are seasoned operators. It allways amazes me to see how precise they are.
            I use them for a couple of days every now and then and the bill is peanuts compaired to maintaining that equipment. Thats assuming you don't mistakenly buy an old piece of junk.
            One has some type gps mounted on the dozer for doing precision drainage.
            Considered buying my own once but you can't buy that experience.

Comment

Packing trail.
              Our 2nd occupation..
              Pic is in 12 inch canola stubble.

Comment

Pull dozer works awesome for moving snow out of the yard.

Comment

Some times you buy stuff just for fun.

Corn harvest in Iowa today

Name:	E6923BEE-5212-41BE-9EA3-3FB78C17E345.jpg
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	772048

Name:	61FA3B12-53EC-4010-897B-EC12E37BD6EA.jpg
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	772049

Name:	F87A97D5-BE88-4BE9-BC0B-AD93BF0979D8.jpg
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	772050

Name:	6D4B59B3-C9E7-4C9E-B6D2-475122948A5F.jpg
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	772051

Comment

Why didn’t you take me with you , lol

Did I mention I hate this shit lol?
                    Oh well it will be moisture some day

Comment

I went to church today. Mother cope Deere headquarters.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        Pull dozer works awesome for moving snow out of the yard.
                        That’s nice. You can look out your front window and see right down the bin rows.

Comment

Nice photo of the bins and you can check them every morning. What make is the pull dozer it’s orange?

Comment

I love moving cows this time of year. All you need is a bale or the feed truck and someone to close gates behind you.

Managed to rent a couple hundred acres of regrown barley green feed stubble and hopefully it’ll keep half the herd happy for a week or two.

The other half of the herd is getting weaned and branded today. We quit branding a couple years ago due to lack of time but after having so many mixed up critters in the neighbourhood we’re going back to it. Supposed to be the last real nice day here at +7 so going make the most of it. Sounds like Monday the white $hit is going to make an appearance. Hammer down till then getting ready.

SF your really racking up the miles. Palm trees will soon be popping up over the horizon 😎

Comment

Woodlands

When you rented the barley acres did you have to put all the panels up around it?

Or were there existing fence lines on a few of sides?

In the picture there seems to be hundreds of feet of panels in view along with a loader with forks.

Not trying to be nosey but just interested in what kind of hard labor was involved.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...