• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow mustard

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow mustard

We have some yellow left from a few years ago, anybody know much about this market. Who’s looking for inventory right now? High prices but is this high enough when there is almost none out there. I have the list of buyers but have not dealt with any of them in years so looking for any advice as to who to deal with.

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
    We have some yellow left from a few years ago, anybody know much about this market. Who’s looking for inventory right now? High prices but is this high enough when there is almost none out there. I have the list of buyers but have not dealt with any of them in years so looking for any advice as to who to deal with.
    The plant at Gravelbourg was always good, also Schluter and Maack. Haven't grown in years however, too much canola blew in, wish it were an option seeing $40/bus bids. I bet yield wouldn't be far off canola in these dry years.
    Last edited by biglentil; Oct 29, 2021, 11:09.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
      The plant at Gravelbourg was always good, also Schluter and Maack. Haven't grown in years however, too much canola blew in, wish it were an option seeing $40/bus bids. I bet yield wouldn't be far off canola in these dry years.
      stubble yield this year was ~7bu/ac.

canola running 7-10 in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
        I've always dealt with Broadgrain in Dafoe. They've been fair, and payment is prompt. Haven't explored options yet for this year, but I think I'd take a "haircut" and be sure the cheque is good and grading is fair, by dealing with someone reputable. I HATE suprises!

Comment

So the bids are at 1 buck a pound and have been for a couple weeks. Don’t know if this has more legs or will everybody switch to ketchup. Funny how the grades improved so well over time in the bin.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...