• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Well, another week went by real fast.

Got 1/2 inch of rain and oh so close to the 10-inch mark for the year for precipitation. We had 3 all-growing seasons the rest is this fall. I won't say we're back but it's darn close. Last fall the rain stopped in July and nothing but a 1/10 here or there till freeze up then no rain all winter it was bone dry, things can change but it takes time. Praying other areas to get the rain before freezing up to put 2021 in the books and move on.

Funny thing the last investor has left the building in our area. Large last land sale will happen and the other funny thing is all the land is back now owned by farmers at triple the price. This last guy struck it big in Durum and is set up from the Weyburn area I always like guys like this watch they will surely show us all how to farm. But good luck it's a whole new world.

But it's funny back in the 79 periods to 82 the germans etc came in and bought and land tripled etc then the drought years hit and subsidies in the USA and high-interest rates and all left or were forced to quit then farmers bought and most no actually all failed except one guy who bought nothing for 25 years. Funny how it looks like it is going to repeat.

Sometimes a crystal ball is nice to have or just read history.

Most have completed most of the fall work, were done with the one cat with a rad problem and a fan problem, bigger job than I wanted to tackle this fall.

We're down to two sections to harrow and 2.5 to do sloughs on with the kelly and it's a wrap.

More rain or snow Friday night into Saturday so might actually get that done.

The land scramble is going strong on renting also but owning is way better.

Trucks have sure slowed delivering to the elevator and most must now be done with contracts. The sad part some of these contracts will sink some guys. If you presold 50 and grew a 30 your out 20 and owe big time on 1000 acres at 12 vs 6 that's $120,000. Or Canola at 13 and it's 21 on 1000 your out $160,000 so basically your crop insurance is covering these contract shortfalls.

The big problem now is the elevators but most haven't done the walk of shame yet to their banks. The land is high so refining is an option for some others it will sink.

Also, some other insurance systems are not living up to the dream.

Either way, it's better to get in discuss your situation and get a plan ahead because once the big dogs in Banking central Toronto smell fear it could be a bigger issue than the grain contracts.

The other thing is Sask Crop insurance comes out with prices for 2022 based on the market in December of 2021. If all crops hold and most will what will premiums be, coverages will also be up but the cost will be double.

The other thing is other insurance programs where will premiums be if your on year three of the drought will you even be able to be covered in 2022.

Some might say I'm going hard but this is the reality of 2021. It could be a long winter.

Talk to your neighbors and be strong the Gov isn't going to help us at all and Skippy and BOBOO for sure have a plan for us and its not good at all mark my word their coming after farms like oil and Cows will be the next big Exit because they make methane. Yea one dump in Toronto pisses out more than the whole herd out here. Stupid people are in charge were in for one rough ride as farmers and need leaders in Ag, not followers.

Take care and maybe well get another week of fall work.

Oh one last thing

Cargill get your shit together your new check printing system is ****ing garbage. It’s shit who waits months for checks. Wow pay a penny interest but the farmer waits.

Why not try a dry run before starting it to get the bugs out this is wrong.

All companies sure like the penalties on grain contracts but when it’s farmers hurt it’s here is a penny interest.

It’s a shit show.

Comment

I don’t see crop insurance prices being that good. Look at durum and barley last year Way below the posted price at the elevator which is lower than the price you ask for at the elevator

Comment

What were the prices last December in Canada?

ITs a formula for that time period since they began.

You want 15 to 20 Canola you will pay 21.

Have three wrecks already maybe no insurance.

Just opening up conversations that will happen this winter.

Yes, a very few had bumpers and are reaping the rewards most didn't.

Comment

Crop insurance has enough options you can cut back if you want a cheaper premium.and less coverage.

Comment

On the topic of the Liberals targeting Ag, they only really have one hammer and thats taxation.

What are they going to tax that wont hit other producers in the country or have it blowback to consumers. Last time I checked they use fertilizer in Ontario too. Propane in Quebec, Nat gas in GTA.

More carbon tax with decades high inflation and gas and oil shortages and a wobbly economy, housing bubble and BoC saying rates going up in April for sure.

Now I know Trudeau and his pet retard radical will probably try it anyway. I dont think they will get too far before reality hits. The green agenda will probably die on the vine this cycle.

Comment

Your report is not the cheeriest this morning Sask but right on the money for most guys in this area. I am lucky to be selling $21 canola but my early contracts where only 10 bu. Joked with grain buyer on tuesday about 2022 contracts and was told 5 bu contracts was the only thing they where handling for next year. Not worth the stress for buyer or seller to go through this again. Going into town to pay land taxes this morn YIPPY!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                Oh one last thing

Cargill get your shit together your new check printing system is ****ing garbage. It’s shit who waits months for checks. Wow pay a penny interest but the farmer waits.

Why not try a dry run before starting it to get the bugs out this is wrong.

All companies sure like the penalties on grain contracts but when it’s farmers hurt it’s here is a penny interest.

It’s a shit show.
                I can not figure out why the graincommission has not shut cargill down. Every other little company the would be all over it. Does Cargill have the commission in their pocket??

Comment

Thanks for reminding me on taxes they are closed tomorrow so have to go today.

Cheap rent! If you own.

Fixing day.

Bush pushed and disked

Comment

The Buggies in the back ground must make ditching easy and quick.

Comment

Looks like SF is resetting his carbon profile. Guibealt wont be happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Looks like SF is resetting his carbon profile. Guibealt wont be happy with that.
                        "THEY" will make us all put the soil back from where it can...

Comment

Some is crop related...

Supply constraints are mounting everywhere from computer chips to fertilizer and chemicals. You didn’t have to be a Rhodes Scholar to see this happening in March 2020. What sane person would have ever thought that paying people to stay home in a world that became complacent with just-in-time deliveries could come off the rails in 2021?

Central planning is THE bane of capitalism. You can argue that this is all planned in a “build back better” environment or develop as many conspiracy theories as you would like; however, you cannot argue that this is going to get worse before it gets better. Right now the safest place for crop inputs for the 2022/23 season would be on your farm – under lock and key – with an alarm system to ward off potential borrowers.

In France, the Government is telling farmers to leave their corn in the fields – there is not enough natural gas for drying and heating homes. Death by starvation is now superseded by death by the environment. It gets crazier every day.

Outside markets are still my biggest concern. There still are quadrillions of ETF’s with the same vulnerability as mortgage backed securities that no one has tackled since 2008. If you really wanted the economy to hit the skids; that house of cards would be it and I’m hoping that no one has t witness that in their lifetime.

Keep your eyes on the prize…and that is your families and farm equity…

Thanks Larry

Comment

Bank of Canada will be raising prime. That should make things interesting.

Comment

So all of Redland is now resold for double what Garry got. This time a Albertan farmer from Lethbridge. Good luck.

Achieved my goal our land is now in the low 400 to 585000 a quarter 4 rms and a done deal.

Ownership is still better than renting.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.