• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask not sure who you are referring to Redland - Gary?

Have you always been a land ownership proponent, or have things changed for your farm or is it the current economic prospects?

Comment

Remember when $1000/acre didn’t pencil out. $2000/acre you bought one or two. $3000/acre said hold my beer. Its now $4000/acre. Would hate to see some land north of Unity to Cut knife sell. It be well over $750k/quarter.

Comment

We own 2/3 of our farm no mortgage no investor i always wanted to own even in the late 80s. Own has always been our plan. Redland was sold to investor group now it’s sold to a farmer.

Comment

Is that the pup start or electric 830?

Comment

Electric start first 25 serial numbers

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
              "THEY" will make us all put the soil back from where it can...
              tell the pricks to start in the cities

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FCy-sFSXoAsJ5Vl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	771908.

Comment

Did a pension plan ever own that?

Iceman

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                    Remember when $1000/acre didn’t pencil out. $2000/acre you bought one or two. $3000/acre said hold my beer. Its now $4000/acre. Would hate to see some land north of Unity to Cut knife sell. It be well over $750k/quarter.
                    I remember when a 100 didn't pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                      I remember when a 100 didn't pencil.
                      Our kids will likely pay that much every year in land taxes .

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                        Our kids will likely pay that much every year in land taxes .
                        Only if they can afford to hang on to it.

Comment

Been busy with the cows the last few days. Pneumonia has reared its ugly head quickly in one bunch of calves out on grass. I know a few neighbours are having some issues too.

Had to bring them the 4 miles home and run them through to vaccinate and treat any that looked off. Normally we do it in September when we pull the bulls but never got to it since most of our free standing panels are still being used as temporary fencing to graze a hayfield. We usually process the herds in the fields with a portable tub/alley and squeeze to avoid the stress of running them home.

Ended up losing two calves but I think we’re over the worst of it. Still checking and treating a couple a day though. Quite impressed with how the calves are looking. Had a great crew that worked great considering the sticky mud our clay becomes after the inch of rain we had.

Turned one group out on some barley stubble and it should keep them happy for a few days. Didn’t think they’d still be grazing and not in the corn yet. Always nice when things turn out better than expected.

Found out today that a former student that my wife taught grade three passed away from an overdose. She was in grade twelve. Can’t imagine what her parents are going through. I know far too many people that have gone through this and wish there was a solution…………..

Take care everyone 🍀

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            Electric start first 25 serial numbers
                            I have pictures in a photo album of my Dad's 830 that he had way back in the 60's. It even had a cab on it , crude but better than the boiling sun all day. He told me that it would pull like hell . The pic of your 830 , sure made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                              Oh one last thing

Cargill get your shit together your new check printing system is ****ing garbage. It’s shit who waits months for checks. Wow pay a penny interest but the farmer waits.

Why not try a dry run before starting it to get the bugs out this is wrong.

All companies sure like the penalties on grain contracts but when it’s farmers hurt it’s here is a penny interest.

It’s a shit show.
                              Cargill is paying interest??? they haven't payed me any and the manager at the local elevator says he hasn't heard anything..

they did pay me the canola price at the time my check was printed(which was lower then when the canola was hauled) on the overage... I got that corrected..

Cargill better pay interest on the delayed checks..

Comment

Mines' a pup start. Our main field engine when I was 13. Funny I can hear at all. Interesting what they could do.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...