• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deter mice in equipment?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deter mice in equipment?

What works best for mice in equipment
    Cabs? Tried the little packets and seems
    Like mice like it actually?

peppermint oil sure seems to help
    bounce dryer sheets don't , they make nests outta them
    lotsa traps with that little yellow tab

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      What works best for mice in equipment
      Cabs? Tried the little packets and seems
      Like mice like it actually?
      Just lock a couple cats in each cab with a dish of water and a few crumbles of cat food and see what happens come spring.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
        Just lock a couple cats in each cab with a dish of water and a few crumbles of cat food and see what happens come spring.
        lol ya the animal activists would have helicopters
        And rhe swat team out. For the cats and the mice.

Comment

I've always used moth balls with good results. The old type stunk up the cab, took a few days to air out. Now they sell them in paper packs, two balls per pack. They don't stink things up as bad. Also let cats get in and out of machine sheds.

Comment

Other than hiring a weasel I am stumped.

Comment

Lots of bait around perimeter of shed. Put into them koenders plastic bait stations. Then throw some of them peppermint packets in and around the cab. Get ours from john deere, can’t remember who makes them. The peppermint does work.

Comment

Steel wool and spray foam. Best i can do. Especially around cables or if still using levers. They won't go past the wool.

Comment

RV places sell a product with peppermint oil in 1 gallon jugs in some kind of goo. Requires 30+ psi of compressed air to spray it, but supposed to last an entire year, spray it under cabs and anywhere mice might find an in. Also I've heard about putting lime down around tires. I guess mice hate it it burns their feet. Haven't tried that one yet. Great stuff sells Expanding foam in green cans called pest blocker for that exact purpose of filling gaps and holes etc. I've tried 120v ultrasonic noise beepers they are useless.
                  Last edited by biglentil; Oct 27, 2021, 23:45.

Comment

House of cedaf in Regina will gladly give you all the cedar sawdust in their outdoor bin. Spread that around the perimeter of your machine shed (inside). Cats work around here.

Comment

There is no effective deterrent for cabs except to keep them out by blocking any access holes or gaps.

It is possible to keep them out. I have also had good success with steel wool, pest spray foam, a good flashlight and some crawling around under, over and around our machines.

Comment

Peanut butter on the mouse trap. This method has worked for years for us.

Comment

I’ve had mice make a nest in a fresh moth ball package, Cab scents. Anything that they are supposed to not like there will be a mouse somewhere that will make a nest out of it. Have lots of bait blocks out. At least they will die before they cause too much grief. Lots of cats,traps,poison.
                          Last edited by TASFarms; Oct 28, 2021, 10:26.

Comment

More cats than you likely want but seems to help. Have not had trouble with mice in combine using the scented moth balls but maybe just lucky . Can handle moth ball smell over mouse piss any day.

Comment

The 20L baited traps, got to get them BEFORE in cabs. Yes traps in cabs too. Used to bait but they got into cabs to DIE! Smell that for a while. Cats work, females best.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...