• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone figured out cost of production on 2022 canola per bushel?
    $12-14/L glyphosate
    Seed price up, chem price up more.
    $1200/ton N
    $1300/ton P
    $1000/ton K
    Diesel and equipment pricing will be high as well.

Comment

New resistance level generated in $53/ bushel zone. I got 2 levels up there. 2335 & 2356. Above is closest resistance and support. I wonder if incompetent leadership could create a crypto esk environment for food prices?

Comment

I would be looking to go long on a test of the 850-860 zone. No hard top nearby

Comment

If food prices go crypto will people pay or just riot and loot it?
          Last edited by shtferbrains; Oct 30, 2021, 08:26.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            In the Jan a sloppy bearish advance block was printed with today's price action being the confirmation.
            Might be some attempts to push prices lower in here. Stop loss would be at yesterday's high
            stopped out

Comment

Was there any news to justify the turnaround in canola today? Spent most of the night and most of the day well into the red, only to finish up green on all months. Soy oil down almost a dollar. Soybeans down too.
              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Nov 8, 2021, 19:54.

Comment

No news as far as I know, USDA report tomorrow so players may be posiitioning themselves ahead of the report.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  Was there any news to justify the turnaround in canola today? Spent most of the night and most of the day well into the red, only to finish up green on all months. Sweet oil down a dollar.
                  It's been like that lots of days this fall. My hunch is the big wigs are trying real hard to manipulate the market down and lack of willing sellers bounces it back up.

Comment

Was at my local retailer today he said the top invigors are already sold out. Was surprised to hear that considering the ridiculous price of fert, and how dry it is. Guess price dictates what’s going on.
                    Maybe production of canola seed was down. I always thought most was grown from irrigation.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
                      Was at my local retailer today he said the top invigors are already sold out. Was surprised to hear that considering the ridiculous price of fert, and how dry it is. Guess price dictates what’s going on.
                      Maybe production of canola seed was down. I always thought most was grown from irrigation.
                      Irrigation doesn't help when it's high 30 degree weather. Evidently both yield and germination are way down.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
                        Was at my local retailer today he said the top invigors are already sold out.
                        We grabbed 233 almost a month ago thinking seed would be the first thing to go up in price. Glad we did.

Dont want any new fangled varieties going into next year. Want something tried and true. 2022 is not the year for experimentation.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Irrigation doesn't help when it's high 30 degree weather. Evidently both yield and germination are way down.
                          It definitely helps but I don't think you could put the water down fast enough this year. I have heard of some seed production that did 15bu/ac and 24% sprouted. Bees don't like to work in 37 degrees and I don't blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
                            It definitely helps but I don't think you could put the water down fast enough this year. I have heard of some seed production that did 15bu/ac and 24% sprouted. Bees don't like to work in 37 degrees and I don't blame them.
                            There were many factors you are correct .
                            Clean outs probably very high .
                            The problem with concentrating the majority of seed production in one area . Seed companies are desperately hopeful that contra production from S/A helps fill the gaps in production from southern Alberta.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                              No news as far as I know, USDA report tomorrow so players may be posiitioning themselves ahead of the report.
                              Australia, although not a huge player in canola , has production issues .
                              When the reality of the frost damage in wheat hits , wheat markets should get a boost as well

Comment

Ample stocks in the system in Canada. Those holding seed are getting some coverage. Keeping a lid on things
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Commercial canola stocks 2021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	772009

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...