• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEF level for storage?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEF level for storage?

Inspired by seldomseems thread on oil changes,,,

what level do you leave your equipment DEF tanks for winter? Through the years we've been told 2/3's full, then 1/3 full, now the latest we're getting is to completely drain, flush, and then remove bottom sensor?

Those of you with DEF, how do you store for winter???

Just doing deletes right now

Comment

Any level except right full.
      Cracked one tank two winters ago and learned my lesson.

Comment

We deleted all our big equipment to years ago at 5000 dollars per unit probably best investment ever got tired of getting a mile away from home with a tank full of spray and then going in the limp pissed me off supremely everytime. since then have not seen a mechanic on this farm.

Comment

Delete is the best plan, don’t have time waiting for techs to come out and diagnose the problem and reset. Would gladly keep burning Def if the systems wouldn’t fail or had a override until you had time to get it fixed and wouldn’t need a technician to reset the errors.

Comment

Leave the tank next to empty.

Comment

Dixon Ag performance.
              $1800 and done..

Comment

Was told 1/2 or less for winter.

Comment

Have one unit on Def. Drain and flush with warm water at start of season.
                  So far so good. Never an issue. Fresh tote every season.
                  Off warranty however, I would need to delete given repair expense. A safe delete.

Comment

On warranty, Cummins 9 L DEF injector failed....$1000 if off warranty. EVIL fu cking regulations for EVIL climate scam! Delete the SH IT!

Comment

I’m dreading the day when one of my mufflers go in one of these machines, I’ve been hearing 10K+ and that was before $20 canola.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...