• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last demo is a new Deere 590 hp deere engine tractor more out later today.

Cold day for demo but sunny.

Comment

A long yr.
      Started harrowing April 25th.
      Done fert today..
      1 more day if rock picking then I don't care.lol..

Comment

Moving lots of dirt with my old BeGe sc****r. It must be sixty years old and still will haul hundreds of yards flawlessly!

Comment

Just got a half inch this morning. First moisture this month. The rye will appreciate it to get ready for the big freeze.

The thieves have been busy out enjoying the nice weather too. Stole my uncles van the other week. Drove into the field where my dad and cousin were doing dirt work and tried taking our one ton. They got about 200 feet when it stalled and I guess a big ole versatile barrelling towards ya looks intimidating so they left in their wheels promptly. Good thing the 6.5 GM and 5 speed is kinda persnickety when cold except they took our only set of keys with them. My locksmith FIL has been getting bales off me so I called in a favour.

The bred heifers are enjoying the corn. The kernels are more mature than normal and lots are passing through undigested. We plant a higher and mid range heat unit in each field as a hedge on the weather. It’ll be interesting to see how all the varieties did as I haven’t really looked at the other fields much lately.

Been getting panels organized to vaccinate all the pairs shortly and winterizing water systems. Finished disking for the year but would still like to seed a couple hundred acres of grazing alfalfa before freeze up. Still have half the manure and bales to haul yet too.

Gonna take the day off and do something…….. not sure what though. Long overdue. Just found out yesterday that a neighbour of my brother’s had a motorcycle crash and died while doing a parts run. You never know when your time card is going to get punched for the last time.

I know I haven’t been the most pleasant person in dealing with the stress of keeping the bovines happy this summer to my family but I’m gonna try and change that. Don’t want them to remember me as a grumpy *** even though none of it was their fault in case something unexpected happens.

Hopefully everyone has a great day and the camera says the solar water pump is working which a win in my books🍀

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
            One last demo is a new Deere 590 hp deere engine tractor more out later today.

Cold day for demo but sunny.
            Is that a 13.6L, NON unit injector, common rail, BELT drive water pump, rear gear train? Clean sheet, admitting 10.5, 12.5, 13.5 were all boo boo's? 24 years of BAD design, thanks DD!

Comment

geez woodland , i get tired just reading your posts!

Comment

Closed the books on 2021 harvest tonight. Corn is in the bin, came off drier than normal for here at 23%. Very very good yield, best ever for our farm.

We put up a dryer bin last fall and everything worked as it should - stirrator, distributor, fan.

Not today. Started the stirrator and walked away. Oops, it didn't start, I discovered a couple of hours later. Rookie mistake - didn't climb the bin and check after hitting the start button.

So there's a belt replacement and pipe wrench job awaits me first thing when daylight returns....

So I tell myself the go-to line when mechanical troubles visit - "We've overcome greater obstacles than this."
                Last edited by burnt; Oct 23, 2021, 21:00.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	D7F1087D-E4EB-4F77-A01B-412629F017B6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	771883

Name:	BD713380-B190-4B9A-945B-4E61989D0292.jpg
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	771884

Name:	110680B6-7A9E-4CBF-A33F-6D165AE42297.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	771885

Comment

Son, you are having to much fun.

Comment

So what’s the verdict S/F ?
                      Is the new transmission improved over the older Deere quad ?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        So what’s the verdict S/F ?
                        Is the new transmission improved over the older Deere quad ?
                        Most bullet proof trans ever made.

Comment

It shifts better and when it lugs down it can pull wish we had it on something bigger but got into the mud and you cant lift the kelly so you have to crawl out and it got out without any problems. Steps are nice won't break the window like on Versatile in the wind. I like weights in the front and rear bogies on the ground so 16 more weights. The cab is a new design wish it had a little more room. behind the seat to store as the sprayer has. Lots of leg rests for long days. Mirrors are different and all LED lights.

The Truck will be picking it up today I'm thinking but its raining so it would have sat anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            Most bullet proof trans ever made.
                            Time will tell , it’s a pre production model
                            Most likely will be very good , will see after 10,000 hrs then maybe statements can be made .

Comment

Is the trans as smooth as a Red one yet?

Comment

Originally posted by katoe View Post
                                Finished anhydrous today. gone up 550/t since we booked ours in early sept.
                                It’s amazing what two scheduled “preventative maintenance” shutdowns do to the price of NH3.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...