• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural Gas Plunge

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Whose newsletter/blog is that?
    If gas were to reach $20 that would mean $500 oil.

If anyone remembers Peter Zeihan saying if globalization ever broke you would see continental scale famine.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      If gas were to reach $20 that would mean $500 oil.

If anyone remembers Peter Zeihan saying if globalization ever broke you would see continental scale famine.
      Yes, but like everyone else, I thought he was talking about the future, not the day after tomorrow.

Comment

Priorities RULE. For centuries governments have understood that peace and stability only happen when people have enough to eat. Lately we have become so fat and complacent that food security is no longer the top priority. It’s sad to think of how much death and misery will result from today’s misdirected priorities.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          Henry Hub natural gas has dropped from $6.31 Oct. 5 to $4.98 this morning, so yes a 20% drop. Natural gas prices in Europe have not dropped as much. Brent and WTI still going up as Oil is now being substituted for natural gas. If there is no shortage of energy stocks why are oil and coal still increasing in price? Do I think high energy prices will slow economic growth? Certainly but I don’t think as we are entering winter in the Northern hemisphere that we will see a moderation in energy prices with the present policy direction of European and North American governments. They are trying to force a transition before the infrastructure is in place.
          Henry Hub natural gas closed up over 3% today at $5.30 USD.

Comment

Originally posted by Happytrails View Post
            Priorities RULE. For centuries governments have understood that peace and stability only happen when people have enough to eat. Lately we have become so fat and complacent that food security is no longer the top priority. It’s sad to think of how much death and misery will result from today’s misdirected priorities.
            There are quite a few people who, over the past number of years, made the same observations as you just voiced. So I've been asking a stock question in response: What will it take to turn this attitude around?

The reply is invariably the same - a studious look, and then a shake of their head...

With the degree of dependency that the majority have developed, I fear it will be a lesson of deadly proportions.

It wouldn't need to be.

Comment

"There are quite a few people who, over the past number of years, made the same observations as you just voiced. So I've been asking a stock question in response: What will it take to turn this attitude around?"

simple burnt
              hunger , power blackout , no fuel
              Last edited by caseih; Oct 22, 2021, 19:15.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                "There are quite a few people who, over the past number of years, made the same observations as you just voiced. So I've been asking a stock question in response: What will it take to turn this attitude around?"

simple burnt
                hunger , power blackout , no fuel
                When the cheque sent out to government employees is worthless and they stop showing up for work the SHTF.

Comment

Henry Hub natural gas closed up over 3% today at $5.30 USD.
                  maybe go short for a scalp in here?

Comment

But Twitter told me fossil fuels are dead, and only fools would invest in them. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                      There are quite a few people who, over the past number of years, made the same observations as you just voiced. So I've been asking a stock question in response: What will it take to turn this attitude around?

The reply is invariably the same - a studious look, and then a shake of their head...

With the degree of dependency that the majority have developed, I fear it will be a lesson of deadly proportions.

It wouldn't need to be.
                      I would start by scaling back money printing and have interest rates rise couple with a massive reduction in government. If there is no inflation people will stop worrying about the pay packet and get on with the job. Right now, thanks to inflation, everyone still working got a huge pay cut this past year making them look like fools.

Comment

U.S. Henry Hub ended the day at $5.898 up 11.7% for the day. What are your thoughts now Errol?

Comment

U.S. Henry Hub ended the day at $5.898 up 11.7% for the day. What are your thoughts now Errol?
                          Whoa! It’s a rollercoaster . . . .

The AECO storage hub price in Suffield, Alberta appears stable @$4.65 per gigajoule after hitting a high of $5.75 per gig in early October. Hopefully, that suggests our domestic gas prices are more in check than stateside right now.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                            Whoa! It’s a rollercoaster . . . .

The AECO storage hub price in Suffield, Alberta appears stable @$4.65 per gigajoule after hitting a high of $5.75 per gig in early October. Hopefully, that suggests our domestic gas prices are more in check than stateside right now.
                            They stayed high enough long enough so sask residents got a rate increase in heating their homes.

Comment

Sure seems everything is sky rocketing! And to fast! When is the rocket going to run out of power? It's going to come crashing down and it ain't going to be good

Comment

Q

To $3.25?

Must have long term contract at favorable rates.

That might be industrial user price.
                                What % is the bill going up assuming steady demand?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.