Test Oats Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Oats

Test
Oct 12, 2021 | 08:47 1 The parabolic move in oats is nearing a level of interest at the 1.618 fib level.

The 1.618 fib level can often mean a reversal.

Name:  ZO1!_2021-10-12_08-40-12.jpg
Views: 1514
Size:  18.1 KB

https://klarenbach.substack.com/

https://t.me/klarenbachresearch Reply With Quote
Oct 12, 2021 | 08:48 2 Oats will hit a wall sooner or later Reply With Quote
Oct 12, 2021 | 09:13 3 $7.55 jan here ,blowing by barley? Reply With Quote
Oct 12, 2021 | 09:15 4
Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
$7.55 jan here ,blowing by barley?
Wow , that’s unheard of Reply With Quote
Oct 12, 2021 | 09:34 5 Once told that no oat buyer for the mills was ever fired for paying more for oats than they wanted to, but it was a firing offence if the mills ran out of oats.

There is your price direction. Reply With Quote

• Oct 12, 2021 | 10:58 6 Maybe I will drive past the feed bunks this winter and just let the backgrounders SMELL the oats. Reply With Quote

• Oct 12, 2021 | 11:21 7 There’s a reason oats is where it is and possibly going higher. The oats that would normally be destined for the Miller has been rolled up instead of rolled out and is destined for a cows belly. A lot was just hulls with nothing in the kernel or so light weight it wasn’t worth combining and worth more in a bale. What’s seed going to be worth?? If there’s some to be found?? Reply With Quote

• Oct 12, 2021 | 11:34 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
    There’s a reason oats is where it is and possibly going higher. The oats that would normally be destined for the Miller has been rolled up instead of rolled out and is destined for a cows belly. A lot was just hulls with nothing in the kernel or so light weight it wasn’t worth combining and worth more in a bale. What’s seed going to be worth?? If there’s some to be found??
    I just got my germination test back ...99 percent germination. 37.6 /1000 kernel weight .

I was thinking of cleaning what I grew this year and see how next year looks. Might be an opportunity to seed late after some rains for some guys. Reply With Quote
    Oct 12, 2021 | 12:50 9 Oats down limit today, hopefully highs are not in yet. Looks to be following corn and soybeans down following USDA report this morning. Reply With Quote
    Oct 12, 2021 | 13:18 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    Oats down limit today, hopefully highs are not in yet. Looks to be following corn and soybeans down following USDA report this morning.
    son of a bitch.!!!! I don't think the supply is in Canada, maybe from the Scandinavian countries???? Reply With Quote
    Oct 12, 2021 | 13:28 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    Oats down limit today, hopefully highs are not in yet. Looks to be following corn and soybeans down following USDA report this morning.
    Anytime something gets way overly bullish , a trap door opens Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Oct 12, 2021 | 14:45 12 Reply With Quote
    Oct 12, 2021 | 14:50 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
    Maybe I will drive past the feed bunks this winter and just let the backgrounders SMELL the oats.
    ya well you can do that and then just imagine the gains!! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Oct 12, 2021 | 16:11 14
    $7.55 jan here ,blowing by barley?
    Wow, $6.50 Camrose, January. Means there is some upside? Was worried about my 37 lb oats but maybe that’s good this year.
    I’ll wait for a while, I don’t think there is a rush to sell, maybe I should save and sell as common seed oats if germination is going to be an issue? Reply With Quote
    Oct 12, 2021 | 19:16 15 $7.80 apr oats here Reply With Quote
    Oct 12, 2021 | 21:07 16 Was offered $8 for August this morning, by the time they got back to us it was $7.50
    Still , I would try early May seeding with one of two things ...
    act of god
    Total production contract , wether it’s 30 bus or 150,

Not takers yet lol Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Oct 12, 2021 | 21:48 17 That like button needs to be on the other side Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Oct 13, 2021 | 04:09 18
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    That like button needs to be on the other side
    Like should be like Facebook; set up so it can be taken off if required!

Beans and Canola bounced back this morning... the down draft may be short from this wasde USDA report.... unless a black swan bites us!

Cheers Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Oct 13, 2021 | 08:46 19
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    Like should be like Facebook; set up so it can be taken off if required!

Beans and Canola bounced back this morning... the down draft may be short from this wasde USDA report.... unless a black swan bites us!

Cheers
    I suppose the Black Swan is feeling its oats... down another .18 Beans down.... Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2021 | 10:06 20 Richardson has $10 for oats apr but hafta sell same tons for feb for $8.05
    Average $9.02 Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2021 | 10:15 21
    Richardson has $10 for oats apr but hafta sell same tons for feb for $8.05
    Average $9.02
    So what does that tell you is coming?😉 Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2021 | 10:25 22 But.......
    One doesn’t want to get all cocky thinkin there is no where but up ?
    Remember when they found the pest that looked like true dope in the the canola ? Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2021 | 10:32 23
    Quote Originally Posted by flea beetle View Post
    So what does that tell you is coming?😉
    Last fall at about this time, elevator had a special on canola deliver equal tons at this time of year and in the spring to get a better price than the current price was. Looked like a great deal at the time... I think we all know how that story ended. Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2021 | 10:44 24
    But.......
    One doesn’t want to get all cocky thinkin there is no where but up ?
    Remember when they found the pest that looked like true dope in the the canola ?
    Or canary seed , or flax .......
    there always seems to be a trap door when the bulls are running the streets
    I just even hope things hold enough so when most get their contracts hauled in and know if they are short , even , have a bit left over the market is still a decent levels .

Very few can afford to play the waiting game this year, especially with inputs so incredibly over priced Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2021 | 11:35 25 Errol will be right soon I’m afraid Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Oct 18, 2021 | 11:41 26
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Or canary seed , or flax .......
    there always seems to be a trap door when the bulls are running the streets
    I just even hope things hold enough so when most get their contracts hauled in and know if they are short , even , have a bit left over the market is still a decent levels .

Very few can afford to play the waiting game this year, especially with inputs so incredibly over priced
    Most anyone with a decent sized low interest line of credit should be able to hold out for better prices, am I mistaken? Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2021 | 16:49 27 February is showing on the quant as an obvious high or low and Nov shows as a direction change. Need to keep some gambling bushels. Im making zero forward sales on spec. End users can suck it, as far as getting coverage. Slightly concerned Moe is gonna "take my cows", because like everything else, he says it isn't happening. So it's coming, get ready for a new wheat board act, it can go high enough they'll do it. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Oct 18, 2021 | 17:51 28
    Quote Originally Posted by jwab View Post
    Most anyone with a decent sized low interest line of credit should be able to hold out for better prices, am I mistaken?
    That’s what your cash advance is for. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

nop

• Oct 21, 2021 | 11:13 29
    Richardson has $10 for oats apr but hafta sell same tons for feb for $8.05
    Average $9.02
    Are $10 bids showing up? Reply With Quote
    Oct 21, 2021 | 15:50 30 $7.90 for July central AB is the highest I have seen so far. Reply With Quote