• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crude oil skyrocketing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crude oil skyrocketing

Where is the top on this? $200?

Its going to be so expensive to burn fossil fuel that you won’t be able to. Carbon neutral mandate achieved sooner than you think

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
    Where is the top on this? $200?
    When oil hit $140 back in 2008, that was a demand driven event. Hot economy and we drilled right along side it.

This is a supply restricted event due to ESG idiots. The top could be a lot higher with no new supply going along with it and carbon tax to boot.

Going to be a lot of hungry people if thats the case. Going to be an expensive lesson.

Comment

They’ll prolly expropriate the oil wells so they can shut them down.

Comment

Going to be a long cold winter for many in the northern hemisphere. Hopefully the wind and solar can make up the difference. Not the case in Europe though .
        UN 2030 kicking into high gear now

Comment

The wave of bankruptcies will ensue long before it gets to $200. Demand will collapse along with the economy. The marginal consumer is nearly tapped out even where oil is presently. Marginal industrial producers don't have enough margin to ride out the storm all the way to $200.

Comment

Diesel over $1.50/L in many places now.

Waste oil: I have quite a few pails of dirty oil. Normally I would take to town and dump them at one of several places that take them, no cost to me but no payment either. Now I think they have some value, if not straight cash then I should be burning in a waste oil furnace or something.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Going to be a long cold winter for many in the northern hemisphere. Hopefully the wind and solar can make up the difference. Not the case in Europe though .
              UN 2030 kicking into high gear now
              Turn off the tap to Eastern Canada, they don’t want fossil fuels.

Comment

So I you are all worried about the cost of fuel and food go buy some of the key oil stocks and make some real money in the meantime. Fifty grand will turn 3-5 times if oil gets above $120 a barrel. This would more than cover the cost increase in the next year or two

Comment

I have read a lot of articles about people in North America freezing to death this winter. Something is going to give eventually and these donkeys running the show are going to be taken out behind the barn. Im not rushing to fill just yet but it'll likely be in Nov. Still sitting on a bunch from spring. Availability of anything and everything seems to be the flavor of the day. 2024 likely to be my last crop planted.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                    I have read a lot of articles about people in North America freezing to death this winter. .
                    Continental famine is a real possibility now as well. Every major crop in short supply and transport problems to boot.

Its going to be biblical whatever it is and I dont see a way the genie can be put back in the bottle without some major event happening to reset it all like the GFC did.

Comment

Natural gas futures have now collapsed nearly 20% off recent highs. European gas price bubble quite unsustainable.

There is no shortage of crude, this is a logistics / OPEC manipulated rally. Crude oil pullback could be near.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard5 View Post
                        So I you are all worried about the cost of fuel and food go buy some of the key oil stocks and make some real money in the meantime. Fifty grand will turn 3-5 times if oil gets above $120 a barrel. This would more than cover the cost increase in the next year or two
                        Good point if you have fifty grand to play with

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Good point if you have fifty grand to play with
                          I just used that number as an example. Any number has potential to provide a little extra something. My apologies to imply anything. I did a small amount in a couple companies in March and thankful for that. I follow Eric Nuttal, has been bang on for over a year

Comment

Originally posted by Richard5 View Post
                            I just used that number as an example. Any number has potential to provide a little extra something. My apologies to imply anything. I did a small amount in a couple companies in March and thankful for that. I follow Eric Nuttal, has been bang on for over a year
                            No worries , good info .
                            Just wish crop was not so drought affected, then a guy may actually have a few bucks to play with . A few will in lucky areas , so this info is good for some for sure 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                              2022 will be my last crop planted !

Use up the Chem in shed and fert from previous droughts and ride off into the sunset !

**** escalating inputs !
                              But will you still continue to regale us with your wisdom, and anti-Chuck slogans?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.