Test First Fert, now Fuel Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

First Fert, now Fuel

Test
Oct 5, 2021 | 16:02 1 Called dealer for quotes on farm diesel up .08/litre and gas up .07/litre.

Was thinking of topping up, but kept putting it off the last couple of days.

Sleeping at the wheel and that's what you get.

Maybe anybody else thinking of ordering fuel, do now as the new prices in your area may not have taken effect yet.

Just giving the heads up. Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2021 | 16:23 2 Oil flirting with $80.00, sit down and hang on, this ride is going to get wild!!!! Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2021 | 16:30 3 The screws are tightening down from all directions
Not surprising, this has been predicted over a year ago . Reply With Quote
Oct 5, 2021 | 17:00 4 Guess we haven’t priced any for awhile, was surprised its over a dollar now. Not like I’m buying any anyways as an empty tank is far more of a deterrent than a camera or guard dog..…. Reply With Quote

• Oct 5, 2021 | 17:41 5 You mean I might get some of the money I lost on Husky. Cenovus shares climbing. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Oct 5, 2021 | 18:59 6 Also called today and was told the same thing. They still have heavy fuel so thinking I will fill and take a chance. Lots of talk of oil going over 100 this winter so would be surprised if its cheaper in the spring but who knows.
    I could have called a week ago but I did the same thing as you. All these endless sunny warm days have make me way to relaxed! Reply With Quote
    blackpowder's Avatar Oct 5, 2021 | 19:01 7 Guess I wont wait for spring oil order "specials". Reply With Quote
    Oct 5, 2021 | 20:10 8 The diesel tank was almost empty and the fall work not done so I filled up end of last week for .98 +HST for dyed summer fuel.

Gas would have been $1.36 all taxes in so left it unfilled. Reply With Quote
    GDR
    Oct 5, 2021 | 20:27 9 The retailer I use tells me every fall not to fill up until it's really cold, and then again late winter. He says they blend too much biodiesel in summer diesel these days without enough lube and doesn't last as long. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Reply With Quote
    Oct 6, 2021 | 07:28 10 Rising input prices are going to derail whatever is left of this so-called economic recovery.

This will wring the margins right out of many businesses. I don't believe this will be a permanent situation given the long term falling interest rate trend, but it will last long enough to do tremendous damage. Reply With Quote
    Oct 6, 2021 | 10:09 11 Is the biodiesel what makes it stink like it's gone bad? Reply With Quote
    Partners's Avatar Oct 6, 2021 | 12:53 12 Coop at 1.10 Today for diesel. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• fjlip's Avatar Oct 6, 2021 | 14:16 13 1.19 gas at Petro Can Reply With Quote
    jazz's Avatar Oct 6, 2021 | 16:25 14 High energy prices are the direct fault of chuck and his ESG loons.

Good thing I have a big position in energy stocks to offset.

AB will be out of debt in 2 yrs. And then out of Canada after that. Reply With Quote

• Oct 6, 2021 | 16:27 15 WTI oil down up to $2.00 this morning, could see lower diesel if we get a run again on oil or a stock market correction. I don’t mind oil going up, holding TOU, CVE, SU, CNQ, MPC and a few others stocks, if diesel goes higher I more than make up the difference on my stocks. Reply With Quote
    Oct 6, 2021 | 19:09 16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    WTI oil down up to $2.00 this morning, could see lower diesel if we get a run again on oil or a stock market correction. I don’t mind oil going up, holding TOU, CVE, SU, CNQ, MPC and a few others stocks, if diesel goes higher I more than make up the difference on my stocks.
    Some solid picks.. I went with ERF, MX, CVE, TVE, WCO.. dumped SU because it was being a dog Reply With Quote
    Oct 6, 2021 | 19:14 17 Right or wrong I dumped SLB this morning, had a good run on it. What’s going on with Vermilion, it’s been on fire in the last 10 days.
    Last edited by Sodbuster; Oct 6, 2021 at 19:18.
    GDR
    Oct 7, 2021 | 10:44 18 $1.05 here, biodiesel gone but cloud point still only -23. Reply With Quote
    Oct 14, 2021 | 19:21 19 When fuel gets this expensive, you want a really good, efficient manure spreader...

• Oct 14, 2021 | 19:26 20
    Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    $1.05 here, biodiesel gone but cloud point still only -23.
    UFA told me full winter now Reply With Quote
    Oct 14, 2021 | 19:55 21
    Quote Originally Posted by jwab View Post
    UFA told me full winter now
    Local coop is $1.00/L direct drop.. add a few more cents if I wanted the local truck. They would still deliver me summer fuel. Reply With Quote
    GDR
    Oct 14, 2021 | 20:11 22
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
    When fuel gets this expensive, you want a really good, efficient manure spreader...

I'm all loaded up Burnt, what was your address again??😁 Reply With Quote
    Oct 14, 2021 | 21:07 23
    I'm all loaded up Burnt, what was your address again??😁
    Skip the middle man and just deliver it directly to
    24 Sussex Drive.
    Better pack a few extra pails of hydraulic oil if your White is anything like our fleet of Whites.
    And better make sure the precious cargo is fresh enough that it will stay warm the entire trip, would hate for you to drive that far and have to chisel out a frozen block. It just wouldn't have the same effect. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Oct 15, 2021 | 05:22 24
    I'm all loaded up Burnt, what was your address again??😁
    You may want to rethink what you did here, my friend. Reply With Quote
    biglentil's Avatar Oct 16, 2021 | 10:39 25 Found a cheap replacement for 28-0-0. Anyone have any info on rate I should use?

Name:  Screenshot_20211016-103734_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  91.7 KB Reply With Quote
    jazz's Avatar Oct 16, 2021 | 11:43 26
    I'm all loaded up Burnt, what was your address again
    If you are going all that way, maybe take a swing past the HOC before going on to burnts place. Reply With Quote
    GDR
    Oct 16, 2021 | 11:50 27
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    If you are going all that way, maybe take a swing past the HOC before going on to burnts place.
    I would but I fear that there is more BS coming out the doors and the windows of the HOC than what I could fling back so that's just a losing battle. Reply With Quote

• Oct 19, 2021 | 22:41 28 Cost of everything is up... Canola Oil in the store has doubled, and most other things have had package sizes reduced (to maintain the appearance of the "same price") Southern AB unleaded at $1.45 and Diesel at $1.37 Reply With Quote
    Oct 19, 2021 | 23:07 29
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalance View Post
    Cost of everything is up... Canola Oil in the store has doubled, and most other things have had package sizes reduced (to maintain the appearance of the "same price") Southern AB unleaded at $1.45 and Diesel at $1.37
    Anyone hear the nickel drop yet ???
    Disposable income disappearing???
    Many of us knuckle staggers Said so over 4 years ago when the liberals in power with their buddies at the UN , this should not be shocking to most by now .
    A few still poop on Harper , but hey look at reality now ......

Millionaires are now multi billionaires, who would have thought eh ?

A handful of elite smiling ear to ear now , and even have sea side estates like Obama and Billy Gates .....
    even though a climate catastrophe upon humanity and ocean levels going to ruin every coast line ... LOL Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• ALBERTAFARMER4's Avatar Oct 22, 2021 | 06:37 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalance View Post
    Cost of everything is up... Canola Oil in the store has doubled, and most other things have had package sizes reduced (to maintain the appearance of the "same price") Southern AB unleaded at $1.45 and Diesel at $1.37
    Canola oil is $2.33/L at Costco. Reply With Quote