• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So damn dry

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So damn dry

Was out poking around yesterday. Holy crap it is dry out there. I don’t know how much rain we are going to need to replenish things but it seems like it might be measured in feet and not inches.

We got lucky this year and caught just enough rain to make 1/2 a crop. Without rain or lots of luck next year I’m thinking it will be a dust bowl.

I hear lots of arid countries doing heavy modern technology cloud seeding very successfully. Do you think that if they get 10” of rain to fall in Dubai that it leaves less for the rest of the world ?

Philips says we are 2 FEET short of precip. Wells going dry, dugouts mud holes.

Comment

A good farm well used to be the most valuable asset on the farm. Allot of acreages and farms were built in the wet years and it will be interesting to see how many run out of water this winter.

Comment

We dug a new dugout in 1987,it has served us very well ..... till last night when we were spraying.Start hauling from municipal well tomm to finish, not sure what we will do in the spring without an abundance of wet snow.

Comment

World famine right around the corner.
          Our governments here oblivious to help
          Out.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            World famine right around the corner.
            Our governments here oblivious to help
            Out.
            Wow just wow! Because they would do a better job of farming? Maybe in your case.

You must be one of those that think the grocery stores make the food?
            Last edited by biglentil; Sep 26, 2021, 09:40.

Comment

I was thinking water tables/aquifers the other day. Guys are draining 40 acre sloughs now, that historically never went dry all year. Are not wetlands our water filters, our aquifer rechargers? With equipment nowadays, any old quarter can be made whole. After being a recharge filter for thousands of years, now there is nothing.

Also all the bush going down rapidly. Trees change water tables and the water cycle.

I think these guys are not only shooting themselves in the foot, but all the rest of us will pay dearly sooner than we think.

What good is a full quarter, if the aquifer disappears? This is a far greater issue than “climate alarmism”, no?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                Wow just wow! Because they would do a better job of farming? Maybe in your case.

You must be one of those that think the grocery stores make the food?
                Where do you buy your coccain?

Cattle herds desalinated . Help should have come earlier in the spring when
                It was obvious what was happening.

Just watch guys cutting back in inputs
                No coverages not worth the gamble
                So even with moisture food production
                Won’t be at the potential.

Should be water programs right fuukn
                Now to look for well water or hauling and pumping
                Assistance should have happened before everyrhing
                Dried right up to nothing not wait and maybe
                You get a rebate maybe you don’t.

I know your neighbour he said your the shittiest
                Farmer around.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  I was thinking water tables/aquifers the other day. Guys are draining 40 acre sloughs now, that historically never went dry all year. Are not wetlands our water filters, our aquifer rechargers? With equipment nowadays, any old quarter can be made whole. After being a recharge filter for thousands of years, now there is nothing.

Also all the bush going down rapidly. Trees change water tables and the water cycle.

I think these guys are not only shooting themselves in the foot, but all the rest of us will pay dearly sooner than we think.

What good is a full quarter, if the aquifer disappears? This is a far greater issue than “climate alarmism”, no?
                  This is a very very big and good point!!

Comment

Where do you buy your coccain?

Cattle herds desalinated . Help should have come earlier in the spring when
                    It was obvious what was happening.

Just watch guys cutting back in inputs
                    No coverages not worth the gamble
                    So even with moisture food production
                    Won’t be at the potential.

Should be water programs right fuukn
                    Now to look for well water or hauling and pumping
                    Assistance should have happened before everyrhing
                    Dried right up to nothing not wait and maybe
                    You get a rebate maybe you don’t.

I know your neighbour he said your the shittiest
                    Farmer around.
                    Be very careful for the type of gov't help you ask for. The 4R Nutrient Stewardship agenda is being pushed aggressively. They want to drastically limit the amount, control the type, control timing and the place of your farming decisions. The only gov't help I ask for is stay the f%$k out of my farming decisions.

BTW shitty farmers wouldn't recognize good farmers if they saw them. That's part of the reason they suck at farming.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210926-100932_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	771671
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210926-100943_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	771672

Comment

Cattle herds desalinated .
                      I know what you mean, once you desalinate a herd, it's impossible to put the salt back in.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        I know what you mean, once you desalinate a herd, it's impossible to put the salt back in.
                        Cmon man here’s the deal. Phone is still
                        On trumps spell check. Cmon!!

Comment

Cmon man here’s the deal. Phone is still
                          On trumps spell check. Cmon!!
                          Well, in that case, I wish you a successful and happy coffifee.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                            Philips says we are 2 FEET short of precip. Wells going dry, dugouts mud holes.
                            There are water holes here that in my lifetime I only remember being dry after the 80s. They filled in '96 and up until now hadn't looked back.

MANY dugouts are dry. So far I haven't heard of any water wells, but it's certainly going to be challenging to keep even a garden alive if we're hauling water from 20 miles away.

Comment

No water anywhere here for a good 15 miles even
                              To fall spray the fields. And most of that people
                              Need for the house.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...