• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Load out Auger

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Load out Auger

Looking to purchase a new 40' ish 12' load out auger. Thought on what you guys run and what works the best for you on your farm. Pros and Cons
    Hate kolher would ideally like to run a diesel
    Last edited by helmach; Sep 25, 2021, 17:10.

We have 10” & 12”(diesel), looking to upgrade to Springland UTL with gas .
    The diesel worked well, just didn’t build auger strong enough to handle the extra torque of diesel.

Comment

There is a thread on this last week.

Comment

Consider electric if always near power. Easily reversible for proper clean out, quieter, no engine service, easy cold start......
        Bins in the middle of bum phuck nowhere are a pain even with ICE augers

Comment

I’m a different duck, but I run mine with tractor pto. I figure I need to clear snow when I haul anyway, so why fight with the auger engine itself? My old ten inch supercharged Brandt pumps out the grain with a thousand pto tractor at little more than an idle.

Some guys frown on moving augers by hand these days which is the only slight downfall. But if you are moving to the bin next door, it’s pretty simple if the auger is at all balanced. If moving across the yard, hook it to the tractor.

To me it is the cats meow.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...