• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who is buying?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who is buying?

Talking with equipment dealers.
    Redhead record sales so far for next yr?
    Others also say doing great..
    Totally unexpected to me..

Nice 1/2 section of canola can bring 400k and be harvested in less than a day.
    Those guys.

Some hauled a bunch of hoarded up grain in june july. Need the 100% CCA
    Those guys.

Comment

Tried to buy a new Brandt auger
      Salesmen just laughed
      Tried to update my 2006 boat , four winns dealer said he is allotted 6 boats for next year
      Said maybe 2023 if I’m lucky
      Don’t even ask price

Comment

Upgraded to a 8240 this summer when durum was 8.00,,, shortly after the deal it with to 10.00,,, then a month after that it was at 20.00
        It wouldn't surprise me in the least if I'd waited, the same combine would have been asking another 40-50k more.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
          Nice 1/2 section of canola can bring 400k and be harvested in less than a day.
          Those guys..
          Canola was good, but not that good. Didnt see any crops making those numbers.

Maybe equipment is the new forward contracting - make it up next yr.

In my experience, the only high prices that stay sticky are in iron. Beware. By pure stupid luck we have sold high crop prices before - namely flax and peas - prices never held.

Comment

It’s easy to fall into the trap when commodity prices are high.

It’s not the poor years that get farms into trouble………it’s just that poor years can’t pay for the decisions made in the good year!!!

Comment

Some guys might roll the equipment this year so they can roll the payments till next year. Its been done before but you wouldn't want 2 bad years in a row.

Comment

Too scared to price anything these days.. inputs/iron/supplies for house reno’s. Going to take my money and put her in the bank at .05% 🤦*♂️.

Comment

The first payment is easy...it's the next 9 that might cause problems....

Comment

It's not raining!

Comment

Guys some didn't listen to the experts and did hold grain back till it hit $24 if that's a 100000 bus example it's 2.4 mill to their bottom line.

If they sold like experts said that's 1.2 million vs 2.4 mill.

In the above example add an extra 1 2 or 4 mill to a farm for just knowing what is going on in Ag. Now

On the $400000 example for a quarter who is getting 125 BPA this year?

Where?

Comment

Oh, it was a half-section im bad but again name the area getting 62 plus BPA this year.

I must have missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          Oh, it was a half-section im bad but again name the area getting 62 plus BPA this year.

I must have missed it.
                          Best we heard is a small area SE of kelvington.
                          85 bly
                          40 to 50 canola..
                          Won the rain lottery this yr..

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

I must have missed it.
                            North of red deer a half hour.

Comment

This entire area averaged less than 10 bus canola and lots of complete wrote offs
                              It’s not all rosy out there like what machinery dealers are lying about
                              The amount of contract buy outs in that area alone is huge .
                              Frustrating for thousands of farmers to listen to how great things are
                              5 bus / ax canola even at $20 won’t even cover basic fertilizer costs let alone anything else
                              Crop insurance helps but reality is more are dealing with poor crops and negative net returns than there are cashing in from small isolated pockets of average crops .
                              Good to see a few have done well 👍
                              Majority have not

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...