• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough of the Covid threads already !

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough of the Covid threads already !

I get it that some of you seem to be so involved in the Covid discussion so that is all some of you want to talk about. I'm sorry to see this page is in such a sad state when this is what passes for ag and commodity discussion. Cant you guys drop it? how is this helping your farm? Got all your fertilizer bought up ? Bins full of grain? Good grief , I have an opinion just like everyone else but cant you guys move on? I get it that there is enough on both side to constantly point fingers. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this way and should just move on. Rant over

Insane in the membrane….

Bet I can read any thread a year ago and be the same thing they are still arguing over.

Comment

Did someone just start another COVID thread?

Comment

I was actually coming here to start a new thread cuz I’m sick of the BS

One of my employees called in sick yesterday and was worse today. 23 years old. Double vaxed. Three different rapid tests today all positive. I’ll bet anyone here that he comes back negative on the PCR test tomorrow . What is happening is criminal. Shame on anyone pro vax and pro lockdown/passport. Open your eyes please.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
          Did someone just start another COVID thread?
          lol

Without Covid threads this place would be M T. Sadly enough.

But if ppl want to banter about whatever, I am not against that. Lots of threads are over my head or I missed the beginning, so it becomes pointless to join in.

In the end we shall see who was correct regardless.

If something offends me or gets tiring, I look away. For some, it is simply not that easy to do so. Especially when this Covid thing is a serious enough thing that seems so bizarre all around. I think it is extremely important to keep tabs on it, because I am one of those who certainly WILL try to help ppl out if I see signs that I worry are potentially coming along because of this initial societal control test run.

Worst of all, when ppl come on here and spread fear and utter misinformation, it is very very hard to just sit back and take, and so I believe it can be so important to meet them head on.

This isn’t the CBC where ideas get stifled. Yet. How boring it would be if we all thought identically. If we did, we would all be vaxxed and the scare would be all over… Look at the “case” numbers now, oh how they’ve dropped since last year when no one was vaxxed!

Wait…. 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
            I was actually coming here to start a new thread cuz I’m sick of the BS

One of my employees called in sick yesterday and was worse today. 23 years old. Double vaxed. Three different rapid tests today all positive. I’ll bet anyone here that he comes back negative on the PCR test tomorrow . What is happening is criminal. Shame on anyone pro vax and pro lockdown/passport. Open your eyes please.
            Good grief 👎👎 Is all I have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
              Good grief 👎👎 Is all I have to say.
              It is criminal I was just watching footage from an Edmonton hospital sent to me parking lot empty no action whatsoever. Bonnie Henry just announced on the news anyone not showing up for school or work who does not get tested will be deemed to be a covid case. It's a witch hunt of the unvaxxed that makes zero sense to anyone with half a brain. What happened to herd immunity and the vaxxed being a fire break? Like wtf is next burning the unvaxxed at the stake? After a dozen or so straight up lies and narrative changes by Health officials their credibility is gone.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210919-222045_TikTok.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	771651
              Last edited by biglentil; Sep 24, 2021, 20:53.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
                Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this way and should just move on. Rant
                over
                Farmers need to keep a close eye on macro trends.

I will just point out that if the average Joe can be coerced into getting vaccinated under threat, then it shouldnt be hard to see that same tactic applied to just about anything, your monthly meat allowance or carbon budget.

And if you are thinking our govt would never do that, think again.

Would farmers be affected if the govt controlled what people buy? I would say so.

The experiment continues.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Farmers need to keep a close eye on macro trends.

I will just point out that if the average Joe can be coerced into getting vaccinated under threat, then it shouldnt be hard to see that same tactic applied to just about anything, your monthly meat allowance or carbon budget.

And if you are thinking our govt would never do that, think again.

Would farmers be affected if the govt controlled what people buy? I would say so.

The experiment continues.
                  And for some reason, the words of a young Liberal voter acquaintance of ours come to mind: "That would never happen here. We're a first-world country".

Comment

I see the cry babies are complaining again about what is posted on Agrislly because it doesn't fit with their conspiracy laden antiscience views on covid. LOL

I know most of you antivaxer covid conspirators don't like to be challenged by different views and prefer a small echo chamber of the like minded ill lnformed fanatics.

But unless you are in favour of banning free speech, people will post what the hell they want whether you like it or not.

In other words if you don't like the heat get the hell out of the kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      I see the cry babies are complaining again about what is posted on Agrislly because it doesn't fit with their conspiracy laden antiscience views on covid. LOL

I know most of you antivaxer covid conspirators don't like to be challenged by different views and prefer a small echo chamber of the like minded ill lnformed fanatics.

But unless you are in favour of banning free speech, people will post what the hell they want whether you like it or not.

In other words if you don't like the heat get the hell out of the kitchen.
                      Nobody here wants to ban free speech, we just wish that you would speak somewhere else. lol lol lol

Comment

For some on here talking about covid is the place they go to vent, basically let out their thoughts and hopefully relieve some stress. I don’t care if you are pro-vax or anti-vax both side are dealing with human beings under allot of stress these days and need to have an outlet for emotions.
                        I’m grateful agriville provides that that place to do that.
                        It’s the same thing in the (real life) coffee shop, most (if not every) morning there will be a conversation about covid, it’s a big topic in the world right now.
                        For me I understand that Covid 19 does affect my farm and my opportunity to market crops and buy inputs, I like to see new developing trends and lots of times I get my first heads up from something someone says on this site.

Comment

I don't want to talk about the covid thing but it has woke people up to the world we live in. I never understood why" just in time" makes any sense from an enduser point. If any event comes along you could have your system disrupted for days. Down time, restarts etc.

Never understand why graincos don't want the storage , look at what they are paying now, they could have grain to move and the world would be fed. Why endusers don't build the storage to avoid the peaks is simply astounding to me. Can't pay 10 bucks last year with good crops and are now begging for crops at 20????

These are people with university degrees , economics degrees.

Don't have a chip manufacturer in North America....so they shutdown a multi billion dollar auto industry for something that weighs half an ounce and you could fit enough chips for a vehicle in your pants pocket.

If covid doesn't teach anyone about supply chains then we really are in deep shit.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            If covid doesn't teach anyone about supply chains then we really are in deep shit.
                            bucket, that conversation was lost 30 yrs ago when jobs and manufacturing were farmed out to china and the people were sold the line thats good for the economy which is a service sector now. They bought it and voted for it.

The covid lesson here is people are boiling frogs. They will take any amount of pain if its introduced slowly enough. Some will even crave the pain, demand it, call for it to be increased. Human nature is eternal, some want to be lords, many more want to be lorded over.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              I don't want to talk about the covid thing but it has woke people up to the world we live in. I never understood why" just in time" makes any sense from an enduser point. If any event comes along you could have your system disrupted for days. Down time, restarts etc.

Never understand why graincos don't want the storage , look at what they are paying now, they could have grain to move and the world would be fed. Why endusers don't build the storage to avoid the peaks is simply astounding to me. Can't pay 10 bucks last year with good crops and are now begging for crops at 20????

These are people with university degrees , economics degrees.

Don't have a chip manufacturer in North America....so they shutdown a multi billion dollar auto industry for something that weighs half an ounce and you could fit enough chips for a vehicle in your pants pocket.

bucket,,, yes, it's teaching me those same things, but it's also teaching me,,, just how much of the cream farmers have been missing out on, over the years,,, over the decades.
                              Anyone seeing retail grocery consumers rioting in the streets???
                              The majority of the higher farmgate prices is merely a shift in return from "everyone down to line" after the farmer's grain drops into the pit, from them, back to the farmer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.