• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alternative spring swathmaster pickup

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternative spring swathmaster pickup

I called to get a new spring for the end wheels on my pickup. 450 some dollars from westward or case. That is an insane price. Any suggestions?

If I remember right there is a plug in the end of that spring. I just removed the broken section and threaded it back into what was left if the spring. Seems to be holding. I’ll have to have a look at it again.

Comment

Duck tape and baler twine

Comment

I have used springs off 4/5/600 series morris cultivators.
        They are not as strong as the original swathmaster ones but they worked well enough that they are still on the pickups years later.

Comment

Some jobber shops have books on springs if you have a local shop just give them the measurements. I've had some luck that way and saved a few $

Comment

Originally posted by redleaf View Post
            If I remember right there is a plug in the end of that spring. I just removed the broken section and threaded it back into what was left if the spring. Seems to be holding. I’ll have to have a look at it again.
            I did the same on both pickups years ago
            Lengthened the bolt on the threads
            Has never been a problem since

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...