• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOB, its depressing ON HERE this morning

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasn't the rain depressing me this morning, this this endless covid drivel
    I fixed the title

Comment

We are at 80% done. One naybor hasn’t started. Most at 30-40%. Hoping to get back at it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        wasn't the rain depressing me this morning, this this endless covid drivel
        I fixed the title
        I apologize. I have fed a bit of it. When I preach not to feed the trolls. Could be the stress of another day sitting twiddling my thumbs?

Comment

25% done but when it dries just miniature crop to put through. Shitty
          Stuff with second growth just making it agonizing
          I m with you case this COVIDville site is getting out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            I m with you case this COVIDville site is getting out of hand.
            Not just you my friend.

This is a farming forum... If you want to scream into the wilderness regarding covid, you'd find better adversaries on Reddit, or if your sensibilities are entirely numb, 4chan/pol.

40% done here. Yield ranges from poor, to complete shit. Entire farm is going to have to get blown with a strong dose of chemical. Even the fields that look somewhat clean from the road have an aftercut that looks genuinely Jungly! YAY! More expense to put a shit crop in the bin.

Comment

Going to post harvest the farm after this rain.
              All kinds of dormant seeds waking up..

Comment

I’m depressed

NOt yet it’s fun driving through water again. Maybe I’m back baby.

Comment

The moose is loose!

Comment

It looked mighty black north of Regina early thos evening. Where were these showers a month ago? We are still spraying flee beetles in Canola- can you believe it, they aren’t done for the year. I heard Lumsden got over an inch in a shower yesterday. Forecast for sunshine and lolipops tomorrow. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      It looked mighty black north of Regina early thos evening. Where were these showers a month ago? We are still spraying flee beetles in Canola- can you believe it, they aren’t done for the year. I heard Lumsden got over an inch in a shower yesterday. Forecast for sunshine and lolipops tomorrow. 👍
                      F.I.L. has recieved 1/3 of his total rainfall for the year in the last 2 days... nothing like scalping a 2bu/ac durum crop off the ground when its soaking wet!

Comment

25% done next is wheat thats still standing ( bleaching ) most guys around here waiting on canola now and a lot of it has been sprayed . Pastures, hay fields and lawns all a dark green and maybe corn will fill a little better before chopping. Maybe try wheat later today.

Comment

Really greening up here an the pastures but it makes me nervous for next year having them chew off that 1 to 3 leaf grass.

Seems like turning cows in too soon in the spring.
                          Sucks all the reserves out of the roots?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            Really greening up here an the pastures but it makes me nervous for next year having them chew off that 1 to 3 leaf grass.

Seems like turning cows in too soon in the spring.
                            Sucks all the reserves out of the roots?
                            I’m pretty new to this grazing game. I was wondering the same thing. Let it get bigger then graze?

Comment

Peas off, 10% done, nothing else ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                                I’m pretty new to this grazing game. I was wondering the same thing. Let it get bigger then graze?
                                Try and leave it til it freezes up? We do that with alfalfa regrowth all the time to avoid damaging the plant and to reduce the bloat risk.

Still dry here so trying to leave some snow catching-moisture holding cover on the pastures for next years benefit. Can’t afford to overgraze here since it looks like next year will be the real challenge with dryness continuing and all the hoppers we have now…………

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...