• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer for spring 2022

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Whats the point of soil testing? If you found you were in an excess nutrient situation would you really back off next yr? That just creates another problem down the road.
    I somewhat agree never affects the fertilizer decision much at seeding time. However it's nice to see the deficiencies and excesses, and how the soil tests react to things like broadband elemental Sulphur. I use a cordless drill, a stainless soup bowl with a hole drilled in the middle and an 18" long 1 inch auger bit. If the ground isn't too rocky it works well. I touch up the cutting edge with a cordless angle grinder and flap disc every now and again. I often do it after freeze up.
    Last edited by biglentil; Aug 25, 2021, 11:22.

Comment

Whats the point of soil testing? If you found you were in an excess nutrient situation would you really back off next yr? That just creates another problem down the road.
      Short answer "yes".

I have been applying phos at consumption + for a few years now... If they're going to hose the shit out of me next year, I might take a serious look at products like "jumpstart". Do they even make that product anymore?

As far as the N component is concerned, If there is ample N there from last year (laid down as 100% ESN at seeding) I'll be certainly dialing back on the N laydown. You can't bank that stuff nearly as effectively as you can P or even S(if applied in elemental form).

It may very well unnerve alot of guys that either mid-rowed or side banded significant amounts of Urea, to find out that even though there is a garbage crop, the N that they put down is all gone. Not saying that it will have definitely gassed off, but if it sat in hot dry soil for most of the summer, and crops weren't able to use it, I'd certainly test to see if it's actually still there or not.

Comment

Regarding fert, I am going to wait until spring to buy.
        If Northern Nutrients imports as advertised that will surely make a difference.
        High US dollar now, spring who knows where it will be.

Comment

Depends on the mood of farmers after this yr. Are guys gung ho to go for it again, or are some horns going to be pulled in. All major crops are hovering in the $20+ range and likely to carry into 2022.

Thats probably too much money to not roll the dice again.
          Bought fertilizer today.
          46-0-0 $665.00
          MES15 $965.00
          11-52-0 $985.00
          0-0-60 $640.00

Comment

Originally posted by V Belt View Post
            Bought fertilizer today.
            46-0-0 $665.00
            MES15 $965.00
            11-52-0 $985.00
            0-0-60 $640.00
            Cheapest we have heard..
            Where is that at?

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
              Cheapest we have heard..
              Where is that at?
              Stockholm/ Whitewood.

Comment

Stockholm/ Whitewood.
                Finest thing, company that makes potash, $90.00/ tonne higher than others. Ha.

Comment

Can’t even price fertilizer for spring here, they’ll take your money for prepay but they won’t tell you what that’ll buy you until spring. One of the two local suppliers won’t even tell you the price if you order a load to spread today, you’ll find out the price when you get the bill at the end of the month.

Comment

Priced potash this morning for fall application - $650. Up $25 from spring.

P is a different story - $1045/t.

He said to me, "This is not the time to build your P levels".

Comment

Bought fertilizer today.
                      46-0-0 $665.00
                      MES15 $965.00
                      11-52-0 $985.00
                      0-0-60 $640.00

Spring pickup?

Comment

Originally posted by workboots View Post
                        Spring pickup?
                        Take home in October, pay by December 31.

Comment

Nutrien, must pay now (or within 24hrs) and take by end of September. Will only honour price for one day, supposedly changes daily? Not playing their game, I am waiting until after the new year to see where we are at. Looks like every region is different rules!

Comment

Just trying to get some fertilizer booked for seeding some fall rye.
                            s15 - $1040
                            11-52 $1050
                            Nh3 was approximately 65c/lb

I should add no one local has any inventory, everything is hand to mouth, they would have to bring in both the NH3 and dry.

So using S15 with a yield goal 115 bushels/acre my fertilizer bill is $131.05/acre add in $62/acre seed and that puts me at $193.05 for seed and fertilizer. That is at the full recommended rates. Just trying to calculate whats more economical s15 or 11-52. I may go with 11-52 and cut my rates by 20%.

Last year I filled my bins in September instead of the normal Nov-dec timeline. And holy shit was that ever nice, you can clean the auger and tractor off decent run clean grain through it, don't have to wear a parka. I told myself I would never fill the fertilizer bins again in the winter. Looks like that promise I made to myself never even lasted a year.

Comment

Just got prices for fall application.

Urea $700.00
                              P $1015.00
                              K $640.00
                              Not including freight.

Dealer stated same price basically as the spring give or take $20.00 a tonne.

Hurricane Ida isn't going to help prices, along with a shut down of a plant in Alberta for 77 days for maintenance.

Along with huge world wide farmer demand coming up.

Doesn't see a drop coming this spring and hasn't even figured out pre-buy prices.

I know last fall pre-buy for spring delivery for 46-0-0 was appox. between $550.00 $560.00 in the yard

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                                Nutrien, must pay now (or within 24hrs) and take by end of September. Will only honour price for one day, supposedly changes daily? Not playing their game, I am waiting until after the new year to see where we are at. Looks like every region is different rules!
                                Last time I would walk in their doors
                                Pull that shit in the middle of a drought reduced harvest with stressful delays now and hail every second day .... really ??
                                They can go take a hike .
                                Pressure guys in the middle of harvest , seriously??

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...