• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parts ripoff

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts ripoff

I was restocking my bolt bin and needed 3/8 x 1 inch bolts and nuts. Standard grade 5 stock at local coop agro or peavey mart is 3.99 a pound but both places were out of nuts. Went to local new holland dealer as they also sell bolts and asked for a couple handfuls of nuts. Partsman hands me a bag with 200 nuts and bill for 70 dollars plus tax. I questioned him and he said its because their supplier only sells by the piece and not by the pound. Since every place in town was out of stock I had to take them. When I came home I weighed the bag of nuts and at 3.01 pounds this would have cost me 12 dollars by weight at other places.
    Thanks new holland dealer.🖕🖕

Not shy!

Comment

Just wait till you start pricing fert come fall.
      You will be using words that can’t be said on here.
      😂😂
      Oh right commodity prices are sky high.

Got a price on glyphos yesterday almost went through the roof on the combine.

Comment

No kidding. Bought some totes of 540 and its 8 dollars a litre. Its just the beginning. Should have stocked up this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
          😂😂

They need to pay for all them there lawsuits headed there way. You know cause glyphosate is bad.....

Fert is non issue. Theres plenty left from this year....

Comment

Had a chat with a sales rep selling OEM electric motors and gearboxes with a lot of his business in ag manufacturing.

He's had several 30% jumps in pricing over the past 2 years, and a further 15% jump coming next month. Lead times getting longer, not shorter. His office staff can't keep up with updating price lists.

This is not a sign of a healthy economy. The patient is very ill in fact.

At what point will the marginal buyer say "enough" and let these components go "no bid"?

Comment

I agree Austrian, this is not parts related, but I talked to the owner of a Chinese Restaurant in Regina and he said everything is up. Napkins, soysauce, canola oil, deep fryer parts, all food, absolutely everything he orders for his business.And not small increases 20-30-40% He asked me, “how much more will you pay for food here, I can’t pass it all on.”

Do I love $20 canola of course but this economy is very sick, very very sick.
              Last edited by Grahamp; Aug 18, 2021, 11:46.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                😂😂

Yup these 25% of normal yields are not going to pay for much ffs
                So by fleecing the 10-15% of western Canadian farmers cause a few will do well , the other 85-90% of us will get really screwed.... thanks Ag industry 👎👎

Comment

Originally posted by Grahamp View Post
                  I agree Austrian, this is not parts related, but I talked to the owner of a Chinese Restaurant in Regina and he said everything is up. Napkins, soysauce, canola oil, deep fryer parts, all food, absolutely everything he orders for his business.And not small increases 20-30-40% He asked me, “how much more will you pay for food here, I can’t pass it all on.”

Do I love $20 canola of course but this economy is very sick, very very sick.
                  Isn’t this supposed to happen when you put a price on carbon?

Comment

Here’s a funny one. Fan belt for 4bt na Cummins in a swather from dealer $230. From Cummins $90.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
                      I was restocking my bolt bin and needed 3/8 x 1 inch bolts and nuts. Standard grade 5 stock at local coop agro or peavey mart is 3.99 a pound but both places were out of nuts. Went to local new holland dealer as they also sell bolts and asked for a couple handfuls of nuts. Partsman hands me a bag with 200 nuts and bill for 70 dollars plus tax. I questioned him and he said its because their supplier only sells by the piece and not by the pound. Since every place in town was out of stock I had to take them. When I came home I weighed the bag of nuts and at 3.01 pounds this would have cost me 12 dollars by weight at other places.
                      Thanks new holland dealer.🖕🖕
                      Aren't seed companies selling seed per seed or at least want you to seed as seeds per acre? Why don't farmers start selling grain based on per seed in a tonne or is it bushel?

Comment

It’s coming. With the advent of seed singularization and canola planting it was only a matter of time. Bloody bs if you ask me. Necessity of fancy technology because of corporate greed. That’s economically sustainable. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                          It’s coming. With the advent of seed singularization and canola planting it was only a matter of time. Bloody bs if you ask me. Necessity of fancy technology because of corporate greed. That’s economically sustainable. Right?
                          Just have to con the farmers into being more conservative. Wait a minute!!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
                            Aren't seed companies selling seed per seed or at least want you to seed as seeds per acre? Why don't farmers start selling grain based on per seed in a tonne or is it bushel?
                            Funny. 140,000 seeds is supposedly the standard for soybean seeds per bag but suddenly the big P found their seed size was larger this year and they could only fit 120,000 of some varieties. Price per bag looks the same though

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...