• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fertilizer

Looks like the US lobby will keep fert prices sky high.

https://www.farmprogress.com/regulatory/higher-fertilizer-prices-could-be-coming

We put potash on some alfalfa last week. The price went from $625 last spring to $650 at present.

Applied it earlier than normal for next year but it sounds like the right thing to do. Going to do all the wheat stubble/clover as well. A decent establishment of red clover coming along. Nice to see green cover instead of brown dirt all fall.

Comment

So where does Canada fall into all
      This , do we increase Tarrifs at the same
      Time?
      Or are the increases here simply a function of
      Price gouging.

Comment

I think we are at the mercy of what happens in the US unfortunately. Which is odd because Russian fertilizer was coming into Vancouver last winter.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
          We put potash on some alfalfa last week. The price went from $625 last spring to $650 at present.

Applied it earlier than normal for next year but it sounds like the right thing to do. Going to do all the wheat stubble/clover as well. A decent establishment of red clover coming along. Nice to see green cover instead of brown dirt all fall.
          Workers at the potash plants have told me it only costs 150 bucks a tonne to put potash in a rail car. We are only 90 miles from the most potash plants and yet we pay more than the Indians half way around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Workers at the potash plants have told me it only costs 150 bucks a tonne to put potash in a rail car. We are only 90 miles from the most potash plants and yet we pay more than the Indians half way around the world.
            I would think you're paying less than I am, a couple thousand kms away?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...