• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Afghanistan

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afghanistan

Western militaries and peace keepers there for 20 yrs, more than 5 Trillion spent from the US alone - overrun in a day by some mountain men in PJs and nike high tops.

Good job leaders of the world.

Cant wait for the war on covid to begin.

I was suprised no one has brought this up already. What a disaster. Not sure we should have been there in the first place but sure doesn't look good running away and just letting them takeover. I guess Vietnam was similar but is amazing with all the firepower and tech of the US deployment that they couldnt have just wiped them out. I feel terrible for the innocent citizens, women especially, gonna be a tough road ahead.

Comment

Well known as an empire killer. They have beet through it many times before. British, Russians, USA and all thier allies in recent past.

Taliban will sure enjoy those millions of tons of munitions and modern military equipment. Better than the stuff the Russians left.
      Most will end up on the world market. Al Quada might make use of some like the shoulder held stingers.
      Americans claim they didn't leave the real high tec but for sure enough to equip a large army. No fight they just folded up.

You can't fix shitholes.

Drones are taking over the terrorist suppression but they will adapt a workaround for that. Already set up near schools and hospital or blow the hospital after the attack.
      Last edited by shtferbrains; Aug 16, 2021, 13:41.

Comment

There's no comprehension in our minds of what some people are experiencing over there right at this moment, simply heartbreaking.

How desperate do you have to be to try to hang onto the OUTSIDE of a freakin' Globemaster jet to try to escape your homeland, only to fall off from about 2 or 300 feet in the air? (videos online)

taliban going door to door hunting down anyone who may have cooperated with the West. And many did...

Russia and China maintain their embassies there? They laugh...

Lots of allahu akbar echoes.

Civilians are being left to die in Kabul as politicians in Ottawa refuse to give the green light to a ready-to-go evacuation plan

Comment

Sad situation all around. Trudeau while he was calling an election they were evacuating our people from there. Only to leave behind the 100 Gurka bodyguards. Don’t know if they got out but if not that should be political fodder for O’Toole.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Sad situation all around. Trudeau while he was calling an election they were evacuating our people from there. Only to leave behind the 100 Gurka bodyguards. Don’t know if they got out but if not that should be political fodder for O’Toole.
            Picture of butchered Gurka - "This is how Trudeau Liberals stand by their supporters".

Where is O'Toole on this?

Do these political clowns have nothing other than their own advancement in their heads?

Comment

I heard an interview on Sirius Radio of a retired US Commander and he ia astonished that with the equipment, training and warehouses the US set up for the Afganies, they have not booted those little twirps to the curve the first day. Sort of sounds like they can defend themselves but won’t-just my interpretation of the point he was making. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                I heard an interview on Sirius Radio of a retired US Commander and he ia astonished that with the equipment, training and warehouses the US set up for the Afganies, they have not booted those little twirps to the curve the first day. Sort of sounds like they can defend themselves but won’t-just my interpretation of the point he was making. Just sayin.
                All the fighting age males that aren’t already Taliban seem to be making sure they do everything they can to get out of the country before the women and children get in the way

Comment

Sad when it more about Opium than people

Comment

Black swans show up in your favour sometimes. Paging Erin O’Toole. If you’re desperate enough to ride the wing of an airplane out of your country than face certain death you know things are really bad. This was a slow moving train wreck when Americans were ordered out. All for politics at best. No win situation at best but it kept a lid on potential destabilization of an already precarious situation. Capitulating to these barbarians will set the world back 30 years. Next we’ll see Iran become increasingly bold while China and Russia will regain and attain further influence. Ham fisted foreign policy.

Comment

There is no money to be made for the private military contractors if there is peace in Afganistan. Biden will let things go to shit then all his buddies can get rich off taxpayers saving the afgan people. Just like the globalist Bush govt did.

Comment

For the life of me I cant understand the strategic importance of the middle east and why the US is always in there doing something stupid.

If I were president I would frac the hell out of the continental US, drill up ANWAR and the gulf coast and take all the product out of the oil sands and leave china to get their oil from that snake pit.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          For the life of me I cant understand the strategic importance of the middle east and why the US is always in there doing something stupid.

If I were president I would frac the hell out of the continental US, drill up ANWAR and the gulf coast and take all the product out of the oil sands and leave china to get their oil from that snake pit.
                          That is exactly what is happening, in fits and starts. And that is exactly why Alberta will become part of the US sooner or later.
                          The actions speak much louder than words.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	oil.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	771378
                          Oil and gas production grew through the Obama years in spite of the public rhetoric about climate change, it will grow throughout the Biden years in spite of the public nonsense about climate emergencies.

And China and Iran etc will get what they wished for. It will be fun to watch.

Comment

Best we can do in the free world is accustom our consumption and preferences to what is sustainably and cost effectively produced here and in friendly nations. The pendulum I hope eventually shifts this way. Globalization which benefits only one side of the trade is not sustainable long term. Much as we bemoan renewables and environmental crap there is something to be said of conservation of our resources so we are not beholden to despots and commies.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                              Best we can do in the free world is accustom our consumption and preferences to what is sustainably and cost effectively produced here and in friendly nations. The pendulum I hope eventually shifts this way. Globalization which benefits only one side of the trade is not sustainable long term. Much as we bemoan renewables and environmental crap there is something to be said of conservation of our resources so we are not beholden to despots and commies.
                              Absolutely.
                              I would be a supporter of renewables if for no other reason than it will liberate the rest of the world from being beholden to terrorists, dictators, zealots, barbarians, and the massive wealth transfer to them that has resulted.
                              Unfortunately the goal seems to be quite the opposite of that, crippling our ability to supply ourselves, while enriching the worst of the worst.

Which all has nothing to do with Afghanistan, with no resources except poppies.

Really feel for the poor citizens, who countless times throughout history have had to pick allegiances, only to have the rug pulled out from under them with unthinkable consequences.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...