• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weather change

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weather change

Most 'puter generated forecasts and models indicate the hot heat is leaving

15 for a high here next week end.

We haven't had any real rain here but we do get fairly regular showerers.
    Hopefully poor weather for grasshoppers.
    Leave the hiefers a few more green shoots to nibble.

Few starting to harvest here now.

Comment

I'm looking forward to 20 rather than 30. Just because the crop is cooked doesn't mean I have to be.

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
        I'm looking forward to 20 rather than 30. Just because the crop is cooked doesn't mean I have to be.
        Although... Tue 17 High 17c Low 5C does make one wonder... will help cool our grain going into the bin... 40C at 12% peas that need to be cooled down to 10C to condition immature seeds end up at 9% moisture?

It sure will be a blessing to have cooler weather!!! Still some leaves left on later Canola... so it can finish filling!
        P. S. Got down to 3c

Cheers
        Last edited by TOM4CWB; Aug 18, 2021, 09:04.

Comment

[QUOTE=TOM4CWB;505432]Although... Tue 17 High 17c Low 5C does make one wonder... will help cool our grain going into the bin... 40C at 12% peas that need to be cooled down to 10C to condition immature seeds end up at 9% moisture?

It sure will be a blessing to have cooler weather!!! Still some leaves left on later Canola... so it can finish filling!

Cheers

Comment

Now hold an avg plant up to the cam

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Now hold an avg plant up to the cam
              I've been looking closer at some of my veryd good looking canola.
              Just sickening how many blanks there are within. Entire branches with nothing but clusters of blanks. Looks good from the road though.

Comment

Pods I crack have large seeds. Enough blanks but it isn’t horrible. Aside from a hailed out field yield will be off 25%. Everything together will be 60% of average. More worried about my cereals. They look tough.

Comment

Putting Mustard on air... even after sitting on an untarped truck all night a blended sample was still 98*f

Honest to goodness we need a rain, but rain mid august through september would be the ultimate insult upon injury to this crop!

Comment

We have a low of +3 for Tuesday night. It seems our annual 6 week frost free season is over already.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                      Putting Mustard on air... even after sitting on an untarped truck all night a blended sample was still 98*f

Honest to goodness we need a rain, but rain mid august through september would be the ultimate insult upon injury to this crop!
                      Climate change stops for no one?????

Comment

Serious question
                        Are grasshoppers good feed?
                        Tried them once in MX , quite tasty with the tequila

Comment

How much tequila?

Comment

Well there is a "cricket farm" at Balzac as a protein source so cant be much different. The way of the future I'm told.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                              How much tequila?
                              Obviously enough , lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...