• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qualifications in the ag sector.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qualifications in the ag sector.

What are the qualifications you need to be the person or persons issuing crop reports.

Or even being the media person issuing articles about the crop reports.

I ask because we have been talking about the low soil moisture conditions since last year. And all of a sudden the entire province is in a deficit situation.

If you work at sask ag as an agrologist whether it be in crops or livestock , do you leave the office???

What did you learn in university?

AS a politician is the only qualification being able to say you know how to spell farm to be on a committee or become the ag minister or critic?

Bibeau , Rood, Marit and others don't seem to know shit. You would think someone in their departments would know something about the 1988 and 2002 droughts.

Statscan ...what phucking good is it to have 100 years of data but can't correlate to todays issues. Might as well burn it...

Any one with half a brain could look at the drought in 1988, put it in todays dollars, add in the changes to farming practices , cost of farming and make an informed decision about what to do.

Not so it seems

So the question remains...what do the qualifications have to be in the ag sector?

because it appears there are some real phucking dummies running the show.

The news is now full of stories about the drought and how bad the crop is on the prairies and the northern plains states this year.

Once harvest is in the bin we will know what happened.

Untill then it's a great time to sell any unpriced grain.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Jul 23, 2021, 07:02.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      The news is now full of stories about the drought and how bad the crop is on the prairies and the northern plains states this year.

Ok Neil ...sell sell sell.

Bumper crop ...right?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
        A lot of chuckholes out there !
        Pretty much the entire system ...from the local offices issuing reports to the ministers and their bureaucrats to the federal people...

Can you blame climate change for a drought that has happened when Palliser surveyed the area with no Natural gas or oil or people for that matter and then in the 1930s, 1961, 1988, 2002

Or maybe you can, if you are simple minded.

Comment

Sell any unpriced grain ?
          I beg to differ
          And you won’t know what happened for at least 2 years

Comment

Crop insurance needs adjusters.
            They are swamped already.
            If anyone knows of a person looking for a job..
            Call Bruce at Humboldt..

Comment

Like the past two years when they over exaggerated canola yields ?
              Ya , I will take my chances with on the ground reports from here and from Larry ....

Comment

You would have too have some pretty dence rocks in your head to price any unpriced grain right now ....ohhh wait that comment came from Chuck!

With production issues worldwide if you have grain in the bin, this is the yr you will be hanging your settlement checks on the shop wall and talking to your kids about that one yr 13 pro hrsw was worth $16 cnd.

Time to make them actually pay a farmer for all his hard work and stress for once!

Comment

Originally posted by helmach View Post
                  You would have too have some pretty dence rocks in your head to price any unpriced grain right now ....ohhh wait that comment came from Chuck!

With production issues worldwide if you have grain in the bin, this is the yr you will be hanging your settlement checks on the shop wall and talking to your kids about that one yr 13 pro hrsw was worth $16 cnd.

Time to make them actually pay a farmer for all his hard work and stress for once!
                  Chuck probably has as much unproved grain as the 2 in rain he lied about in June before any measurable rain hit this area

Comment

Today’s Stats Canada report possible production ranges shows worst case at about 1/2 of 2021 average prediction for dry peas and lentils. Another 2 weeks of heat without rain will finish the crops.

Comment

Well I may just have rocks in my head then. Made my first sale of 2020 crop year barley yesterday. And second sale of 2020 and (some)2019 feed wheat. And sold my second load of canola.
                      I'm not sure that the feed grains have as much room to run given the potential corn crop coming South of the border.
                      Time to take some risk off the table at incredibly high prices.
                      Otherwise busy building bins to store most of the rest.

A while back I asked Chuck about his marketing successes or failures so far this year. He responded that a commodity marketing forum is no place to be discussing commodity marketing, so don't expect any answers from him.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        Well I may just have rocks in my head then. Made my first sale of 2020 crop year barley yesterday. And second sale of 2020 and (some)2019 feed wheat. And sold my second load of canola.
                        I'm not sure that the feed grains have as much room to run given the potential corn crop coming South of the border.
                        Time to take some risk off the table at incredibly high prices.
                        Otherwise busy building bins to store most of the rest.

A while back I asked Chuck about his marketing successes or failures so far this year. He responded that a commodity marketing forum is no place to be discussing commodity marketing, so don't expect any answers from him.
                        More like you got big stones in your sack than rocks in your head lol.
                        I sold some 2019 durum for 9.50 three weeks ago for a couple bills, now it's over 11. I feel silly

The rest of my #1cwad and the #1 13.5 pro hrsw is locked up with the key thrown away and lost in the bush.

Comment

I didn't say sell all your grain right now did I? Sell a bit now and some spaced out in the next few months

If you are confident prices are going higher then hang on as long as you want.

But I haven't seen many farmers sell all their inventory at the peak of the market in any given year.

Some get lucky, but if recent history proves anything, many farmers sell at lower prices.
                          Last edited by chuckChuck; Jul 24, 2021, 09:47.

Comment

Why does Chuck always refer to farmers in the 3rd person?

As for qualifications for media and politicians who comment on agriculture, they are the exact same qualifications that those in the climate change industry (media and politicians) have when distorting the science and the evidence to create an alarmist message targetted at the gullible low information crowd such as the double Chucks of the world.

Most media stories are by people with soft science degrees, creative writing, social justice, etc. almost never in the hard sciences.

Comment

More like you got big stones in your sack than rocks in your head lol.
                              I sold some 2019 durum for 9.50 three weeks ago for a couple bills, now it's over 11. I feel silly

The rest of my #1cwad and the #1 13.5 pro hrsw is locked up with the key thrown away and lost in the bush.
                              Local terminal has $14/ bu for new crop #1 CWAD now

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...