• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annoyance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoyance

I think I’ve posted this question previously, but having the same problem.
    A local crop applicator flies over our yard , sometimes going out when loaded,
    Under 100 feet.
    Also returning, sometimes at 200-250 feet. There’s over a quarter mile on either side.
    But, I don’t buy fertilizer or pesticides from him.
    Any thing can be done?

Anyone know where to find some army surplus barrage balloons?
    Maybe ask if he minds if you mount a camera under the plane, get some free aerial crop scouting and farmstead pictures.

Comment

Neighbour had plane spraying Lorsban. Main line came undone so he turned for home to get it repaired. Went right over our neighbour colony and didn’t realize a steady stream was running out the open line. Soaked down one member and he spent a long time in the hospital. Drifted our yard with 3 guys up on roof. Called them out and they were absolute pricks. Should have called transport Canada. I would suggest you get something from the military and not a balloon.

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
        Neighbour had plane spraying Lorsban. Main line came undone so he turned for home to get it repaired. Went right over our neighbour colony and didn’t realize a steady stream was running out the open line. Soaked down one member and he spent a long time in the hospital. Drifted our yard with 3 guys up on roof. Called them out and they were absolute pricks. Should have called transport Canada. I would suggest you get something from the military and not a balloon.
        Is Lorsban still sold?

Comment

Originally posted by samhill View Post
          Under 100 feet.
          Also returning, sometimes at 200-250 feet. There’s over a quarter mile on either side.
          Any thing can be done?
          I would be pissed too. There must he rules about that either with his applicator license or just simple pilots license.

Maybe a catapult with some ducks and geese so it looks like an accident!

Comment

Originally posted by samhill View Post
            Under 100 feet.
            Any thing can be done?
            Aerial applicators are licensed by the province in Saskatchewan and i expect in every province. They are required to stay a certain distance from residences. A quick call to the licensing authority with a photo and some plane marking identification should result in a warning to the operator from the authorities. That should get their attention.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...