• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had 4 degree C at our farm at 5:30 this morning. That will be the next thing to screw up what is left for a crop. Yay! I can't wait!

Think I am going to take my Galaxie out this weekend and abuse my carbon taxes by laying about a hundred feet of rubber just because I can. Some stress management is needed.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0094.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	771325

Comment

Cant buy a rain at our yard .2 of a tenth. I hate these new weather stations. South by town got 1/4 inch and better as you cross the valley to the south. Same path as the last three. 2.69 inches at Indian head I read. Some got a taste of rain like an eye dropper in a cup of water. It's just not our year for rain.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        chuck nice try but I will call your trip bull shit. That isn't going back and forth to the city 13 times.

You show your stupidity every time you post.

Yes, a few areas have some crops, yes guys will be forced to harvest a shitty crop.

But they are far more shitty than good.

If a farm usually in the long run grows 90 wheat and you grow 56 is that a bin buster. No its a crop that didn't meet its potential.

If your our organic guy you are happy with 10 or just over.

I love how you tried to pretend you actually took a trip got out and looked.

your a joke as usual.

Get a life Glen.
        So you are the only one who gets to comment on crop conditions? LOL

Nothing wrong with what you report, but do you really think your report on the crop conditions on a limited road trip that sees well less than .1 % of the 77 million crop acres on the prairies is going to tell the whole story?

I wonder why Crop Insurance waits to process yield loss claims till after harvest so they can measure whats actually in the bins?

Yeah its going to be a less than normal crop for many farmers. What the total harvested yields and quality are, we won't know untill it is in the bin.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          So you are the only one who gets to comment on crop conditions? LOL

Nothing wrong with what you report, but do you really think your report on the crop conditions on a limited road trip that sees well less than .1 % of the 77 million crop acres on the prairies is going to tell the whole story?

I wonder why Crop Insurance waits to process yield loss claims till after harvest so they can measure whats actually in the bins?

Yeah its going to be a less than normal crop for many farmers. What the total harvested yields and quality are, we won't know untill it is in the bin.
          So I am curious Chuck2 do you think people are exaggerating the extent of the drought?

Friend of mine moved to Manning from my area in early 2000’s, cheaper land at the time and more available. Texted me the other day saying this year could finish him. He has had an inch and a half since mid May. Grasshoppers now a problem, he has sprayed 350 acres so far. Pastures drying up, crops suffering. So when you say “Yeah it’s going to be a less than normal crop for many farmers” you truly sound like an insensitive ***hole!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            So I am curious Chuck2 do you think people are exaggerating the extent of the drought?

Friend of mine moved to Manning from my area in early 2000’s, cheaper land at the time and more available. Texted me the other day saying this year could finish him. He has had an inch and a half since mid May. Grasshoppers now a problem, he has sprayed 350 acres so far. Pastures drying up, crops suffering. So when you say “Yeah it’s going to be a less than normal crop for many farmers” you truly sound like an insensitive ***hole!
            I think his opinion highlights what we see in alot of so called producer advocates or representatives until it starts to hit home.

You have to remember alot of farmer reps haven't had bad times as they are 4th and 5th generation farmers and they can not understand how they are farming today, they just assume they built the farm bigger by themselves.

Most don't realize that the previous generations got government money to stay in the game of farming.

Oh and these guys are typically chosen because they are gullible enough to have their mind changed easily.

Comment

This is as bad a drought and heat wave as we have seen for many decades. It may be a record setting one. And the results will be disastrous. I am not downplaying the impact on farms or families. It will be ugly.

But trying to put accurate numbers on total crop yields across 77 million acres of crop land is not possible untill after harvest.

Comment

This is as bad a drought and heat wave as we have seen for many decades. It may be a record setting one. And the results will be disastrous. I am not downplaying the impact on farms or families. It will be ugly.

But trying to put accurate numbers on total crop yields across 77 million acres of crop land is not possible untill after harvest.
                Ok , then why would ag canada come out with nearly the same production as last year , given what you have just stated.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  I think his opinion highlights what we see in alot of so called producer advocates or representatives until it starts to hit home.

You have to remember alot of farmer reps haven't had bad times as they are 4th and 5th generation farmers and they can not understand how they are farming today, they just assume they built the farm bigger by themselves.

Most don't realize that the previous generations got government money to stay in the game of farming.

Oh and these guys are typically chosen because they are gullible enough to have their mind changed easily.
                  When ever I mention that most of us survived in farming because of government help and subsidies I get a lot of push back. "we don't need no subsidies" has been heard on this site a few times.

The reality is most farmers and their families got a significant amount of help from taxpayers over the years. Even the "self made" success stories who claim they don't need or want subsidies.

Comment

Chuck I find it funny you had a crop report but post nothing. Yes it’s a drive but a drive tells part of the story. Regina to moose jaw has some nice crops but nothing special no 90 wheat maybe 60 no 70 canola maybe 40

Comment

Chuck see I like Saskatchewan and studied diff soil area diff elevations and rain maps etc. I will put my crop report and my estimates agains any of the best computers satellites and experts. Because boots on the ground knows what the others can’t see. I have fancy weather stations that say don’t worry you can grow a crop on min rain yea but weeks of 30 no.

So yea you hate everything I stand for you hate farmers that have been doing this for a long time I get it.

But reality is chuck your not even playing this game.

So yea aborted flowers and 2.69 inches today won’t make more than what the crop was and fill the seeds their. As far as bigger yield it just held and now with two to three weeks of awful heat and zero rain other shitty areas go further backwards and yield is continuing to drop.

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist or climate scammer to not get it.

Comment

SF Don't worry about climate change, heat waves, drought and extreme weather events. You will be soon fully retired and safely tucked in your near sea level home in Florida and your sons will have to worry about drought and crops.

There is nothing to worry about. Relax have a drink, maybe a mocktail to calm your nerves. Next year will be better!

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                          We had 4 degree C at our farm at 5:30 this morning. That will be the next thing to screw up what is left for a crop. Yay! I can't wait!

Think I am going to take my Galaxie out this weekend and abuse my carbon taxes by laying about a hundred feet of rubber just because I can. Some stress management is needed.[ATTACH]8283[/ATTACH]
                          That's the most likes I have ever got for something I posted! Thanks everyone.

For everybody that has some grain to put in the bin , or an average crop out there, put a lock on those bins untill 2022, because I think the grain companies are going to get a HUGE reality check in a month or so.

Take care all.

Comment

You all seen our other bly pic.
                            This is our field 2 miles north of our yard.
                            Puke..

Comment

When ever I mention that most of us survived in farming because of government help and subsidies I get a lot of push back. "we don't need no subsidies" has been heard on this site a few times.

The reality is most farmers and their families got a significant amount of help from taxpayers over the years. Even the "self made" success stories who claim they don't need or want subsidies.
                              By subsidies do you mean G.R.I.P?
                              Or supply management?
                              Or the Crow rate?
                              $/ac in hand or expense subsidies?

Or do you mean the cash accounting allowed to farmers and fisherman?
                              Capital gains exemptions?
                              I can tell you right now taxpayers are increasingly eyeing your equity and adding it up.
                              It wont be drought that keeps your progeny off the farm. It will be the increasing tax on any retained value in assets, real or perceived.
                              Keep selling the diversion Chuck.
                              And be a good boy, do your part so Bombardier can stay "in business".

Comment

Today July 23 is the day I give up on crop 2021. Off to Manitoba for a week. Don’t care anymore. No rain will bring this ****er back from the dead. First time fu ked since 1961.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.