• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As %'s of AFSC's long term area averages:

My crop
    Cwad/cwrs(on stubble): 25%
    Peas: 15%
    Mustard: 40%

General area:
    Cwad/cwrs(on stubble): 0-35%
    Cwad/cwrs(on chemfallow): 35-70%
    Peas: 5-35%
    Lentils: 30-60%
    Mustard: 5-50%
    Canola: 0-30%
    Barley: 0-30%
    Oats: 0-25%

And theres still room for further downside on both the top and bottom end except for those crops that are already torched. There are a few cereal crops that are so bad I doubt you could get 1 round bale per 1/4 section, or 100bu per 1/4 if you ran a combine over it.

Peas will go through a combine next week. Hoping to get seed back.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      Fert guy said prices coming down.
      Don't pre buy anything he said.
      Majority of farms will be figuring out how to pay for the buy backs on contracts, fertilizer will be the very last thing in the minds of the majority for a long time .
      Last edited by furrowtickler; Jul 22, 2021, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        I just find it funny that glen posts about a crop tour that’s the same length as the one I did but all he really says is bad farming practices farmers lie and it’s not that bad. Opposite of what I seen and posted. Chuck phone the help line now you need serious help please seek it.
        And no pics at all lol
        One would think in 2600 kms one would see a picture worthy crop

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          Fert guy said prices coming down.
          Don't pre buy anything he said.
          Yep , all the imaginary shortages will disappear into the bullshit zone

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            And no pics at all lol
            One would think in 2600 kms one would see a picture worthy crop
            Or at least a picture worthy solar farm or wind farm or BLM riot.

Comment

Off topic the new .223 took a beaver first shot at a 100 yards. Number 31, all on my property or close to.

Comment

Are the beaver dams holding much water?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Majority of farms will be figuring out how to pay for the buy backs on contracts, fertilizer will be the very last thing in the minds of the majority for a long time .
                  Heavy hitter sask party supporters have already given Moe and Marit their marching orders about contracts...which is a select subsidy for few.

Comment

As much as I hate to say it, I don’t see fertilizer dropping. New Crop (2022) canola is $15 and wheat is over 8. Even if they sell less because of drought conditions I don’t see them dropping the price when commodity prices are high. Canadian fert is not really driven by traditional supply and demand, it is priced by the sellers perceived value it creates for a producer. If you are 20 bpa without Nitrogen and 40 bpa at $15+ with 100 lbs of N hello $800 a tonne. Our difficulty hardship etc means nothing to them.

I remember in the early winter of 2014 when we all had good crops but could not move a single bushel, the bins were full and we didn’t have cash flow or space and all the sudden 46-0-0 was up $100 a tonne overnight. I was involved selling soybean seed and was trying to host a grower meeting and wasn’t having any luck getting people to sign up and all the sudden out of the blue 10 guys signed up in one day because they couldn’t believe fertilizer could go up in the environment we were in.

I booked about 1/3 my N a few days and am sadly confident it will be my lowest price. I hope I am wrong and look foolish but I doubt it.
                    Last edited by Grahamp; Jul 22, 2021, 20:47.

Comment

Rp and nutrien have sheds full bought at high price.
                      So no deals there..
                      Independent..shed empty..

See what happens..

Comment

Finally getting some showers tonight, 3/10s on some of our land, more starting right now. Hopefully can pull half inch off. Crop can still benefit. It has really hung in there. My wheat is still green thankfully.

Storms moving quite fast though.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                          Are the beaver dams holding much water?
                          Dropping fast, shot number 11 out of this colony on top of the dam, high side down three feet in a registered creek.

Comment

.9 inches just east of White City. We were coming home from our special crops snoop tour. The rain came down so hard, it was difficult seeing the highway. Its been a long time since I’ve seen rain like that.

Comment

Had a inch , just looked at the wheat at home and no way will make 20, wheat on white soil may turn out 30ish. Ass backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                                Had a inch , just looked at the wheat at home and no way will make 20, wheat on white soil may turn out 30ish. Ass backwards.
                                Is that 5c I see at Kindersley area 1:46am? 7-8c NE AB in many dry areas....
                                Full moon and risk of frost July 23? I see Rosetown down to 4c....
                                Crazy.

Cheers
                                Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jul 23, 2021, 04:45.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...