• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

media and the BTOs and a rant

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21000 tonnes of greenhouse gas reduction....but what about the 40 percent threshold????

Is the steel industry not already over 40 percent electric arc furnaces already????

Comment

Bucket makes good points for a $100/acre Agri-Recovery payment. Cost shared province and federal government during an election year is a possibility.
      Jazz makes good points why it shouldn’t happen.

What are the farm groups that have the ear of Bibeau saying?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
        Bucket makes good points for a $100/acre Agri-Recovery payment. Cost shared province and federal government during an election year is a possibility.
        Jazz makes good points why it shouldn’t happen.

What are the farm groups that have the ear of Bibeau saying
        ?

Sweet Phuck All ...I dont think its even on the national organizations radar yet...which highlights how little the provincial organizations are doing...

FFS ...I sent an email to Patzers office on June 1st 2021 ,,,,asking about the condition we would be experiencing now...I reminded him the other day ...email got lost ...he responded he is working behind the scenes...Its phucking laughable how ignorant these guys are.

So instead of standing up during question period and asking about it.....they were repeating themselves about the defence minister issues ad nauseam

Comment

I will say this ...

In this particular case ....100 dollars an acre .....I am right and everyone knows it....if you don't think you deserve the money I am sure you can send it back.

While everyone worries about the big guys or the wealthy ....they will more than likely send it back through the CRA...

It reminds of an incident I heard about in the local bar years ago....two guys were arguing about a payment from government ...and the one guy just said you can send it back if you don't think you deserve it...

It quieted down pretty quickly...

This is why I don't worry about the BTOs in cases like this....its far beyond that when we are talking billions in losses...

Example ...so what if Monette gets 15 million on 150,000 acres ...He has probably spent 30 million to get to harvest and is probably under water for the year...no one wants to see his employees not get paid or the suppliers because it will cost us more in the long run.

Disclaimer : I don't know the man and wouldn't want his current stresses either.

I think Algoma getting 420 million when you look at their steady government tit sucking shouldn't be ignored when talking about required farm payments.

Western Canadian Agriculture is far larger than Algoma steel , Air Canada or the aerospace industry who have been on the government tit alot longer and for far more.

Just a wider angle view of things.
          Last edited by bucket; Jul 17, 2021, 16:47.

Comment

Just to add ...make it a taxable benefit if people are so worried about it...and at the same time make the 40 bucks an acre the irrigation districts are getting every year a taxable benefit....along with the 10000 per acre and all the infrastructure on the projects..

These are the subsidized guys that are going to have a crop that you dryland farmers are competing against in your own province....growing the same crops...200 dollars an acre over 5 years isn't coming out of their pockets...but yours...

FFS..... dryland farmers please wake up.

Comment

Sounded like decent Crops coming east o Manitoba.

This isn't a 2002 prairie drought event so far...

August 15 will focus the need for a payment or not...

Historic High prices... perhaps buying some price insurance would be frugal...

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

Cheers
                Why August 15th? What is so mystical about that date?

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

Cheers
                  Holy shit tom
                  You need to go for a drive ??

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    Holy shit tom
                    You need to go for a drive ??
                    We are dryer now than we were in 88. Swathed peas today that are dying before they could finish blooming. Hoping crop ins writes off barley on Monday so I can maybe get some feed out of it.

Comment

Do the guys who are set to net 700 bucks an acre get the payment as well as those who are in a write off situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                        Do the guys who are set to net 700 bucks an acre get the payment as well as those who are in a write off situation?
                        I guess individual RMs could declare disasters and go from there..

Although they could use Crop Insurance

But I think you just pay it out.

How do you feel about paying for an irrigation project that farmers don't pay for and nets them 1.4 million for every quarter...10000 an acre....irrigation farmers are pretty sure to get a crop...capital gains and subsidized...1.4 million per quarter and we are wondering about a 100 bucks an acre?
                        Last edited by bucket; Jul 17, 2021, 22:50.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          I guess individual RMs could declare disasters and go from there..

Although they could use Crop Insurance

But I think you just pay it out.

How do you feel about paying for an irrigation project that farmers don't pay for and nets them 1.4 million for every quarter...10000 an acre....irrigation farmers are pretty sure to get a crop...capital gains and subsidized...1.4 million per quarter and we are wondering about a 100 bucks an acre?
                          I feel sick about it, but some guys have real needs. I don’t think everyone has a blanket need. I don’t know how one would chart a course out to rectify that though easily though? I also feel that the general public is now so against us as farmers, whereas in the 80’s they were much more supportive. I can’t see throwing a hundred buck an acre at all farms being much of a vote getter. The average voter would be livid, because to them, we’re all loaded millionaires.

It’s just there are so many hoops to jump here. Whether there is need over and above what will be a wild and crazy crop insurance payout, politically it is suicidal in the end.

Comment

Also, in our rm, there are 50bushel canola crops in some places, and two in others. So that is where I see guys raking in monster nuts profits, getting a payout from the government to boot, and a neighbor seven miles away just gets the government aid?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                              Also, in our rm, there are 50bushel canola crops in some places, and two in others. So that is where I see guys raking in monster nuts profits, getting a payout from the government to boot, and a neighbor seven miles away just gets the government aid?
                              Just offer a top up in crop insurance.
                              That eliminates anyone with even an average crop
                              It really not complicated

Comment

Depending on how crop ins. adjusts some crop there will likely be some grain corn that won't make it in this area which cattle guys could use. Most guys trying to make feed now and worry about any gov. support later. Line up at community well last night down the road from me big trucks and 1/2 tons but nobody is spraying
                                .P.S. when you phone crop ins. you get answering machine only, I think they are pretty busy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...