• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ralph says November 22

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ralph says November 22

Klein said yesterday November 22 looks like the day to go to the polls. So expect the goodies bag to come out fairly soon! Ralph has a pocket full of cash to spend and seeing how this is his last kick at the can, he might be generous?
    Now is the time for our rural organizations to really get vocal so we don't get drowned out by the teachers, doctors, nurses etc.!
    I suspect Ralph will not only have some money for some bandaid solutions but also probably some cash for infrastructure? Maybe even a few bucks for packer expansion?

November 22 was assasination day.

Comment

The Premier also said March might be a good time for an election, but I am betting on November. Most of the nomination meetings are over, numeration is underway so things will be ready to go.

Comment

I noticed Cowman's comments on maybe a few bucks for packer expansion.

I am not sure I think it is right for the government to hand over bucks to Cargill and Tyson Foods for expansion after the way they ripped off our country's producers. Money for packer expansion? Yes if it goes to create competition from new players in our marketplace so as to encourage competition and a functioning market with fair prices. No if it means Cargill and Tyson just get more control over our beef producers.

Comment

Health care is given as one of Ralph's top priorities, yet he can only manage to squeeze in one day at the first ministers meetings on health care that are to be held next week.

Why oh why can't people see past the vote grabbing measures i.e. throwing money at things?

Comment

We are represented at the conference by the Health Minister Gary Mar. The Premier is attending for one an part of a second day I understand. In my view if all that is happening at the conference is arguing over having another meeting, or whether or not pharmacare is important, why is it necessary for the Premier to be there the entire time. We need to see exactly how much the province is putting into health care annually, and then see how much of it actually goes to patient care, vs administration. My bet is that the administration costs have risen considerably.
            Perhaps it is time to do away with the Health Regions and have one umbrella organization looking after the health of all Albertans, get the local politics out of the equation !!

Comment

Isn't that where a lot of money goes - to administration? Health care is one example and dare I say education is another. I was astonished to read about the various levels of administration in the education system - assistant superintendents, associates, deputy, and the list goes on. If the money that was intended for the education of the students actually reached them, think of what might be accomplished.

I wonder what would happen, emrald, if there were just one organization to look after it all on both counts?

After the Olympics they talked about more money for the athletes and that would be great if the money actually reached them. One of the athletes actually said that throwing money at them is not the solution - and I have to agree with that statement as well. What if the money were put into top notch facilities with the kind of leadership that these budding young amateur athletes need in order to help them succeed?

What if the focus became the outcomes - superior athletes, entrepreneurial thinking students and sustainable health care? It would seem that being part of the administration is the prize.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...