• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta following Texas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta following Texas

Texas on of first in the US to lift covid restrictions
    Alberta doing the same

Ohhh those bad Texans they were going to cause a super spreader
    And those dam Albertans and that mini Rodeo , shame on them

Regardless, good to see 👍

Good to hear. Kenny has 2 years for his base to forget about his covid mismanagement so he has his work cut out. I can't trust him anymore after this debacle and will be voting for independence, likely Wildrose will be the ticket there.

Comment

Go ahead vote for “Wildrose” ...I mean Notley

Comment

Alberta independence is like Brexit. At one time it was just a good idea, but today it is reality.

Comment

I didn’t know good idea and reality had become synonyms for ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
            I didn’t know good idea and reality had become synonyms for ridiculous.
            What was the benefit to the UK of keeping parasitical eurocrats around?

Comment

Yeah Brexit has gone super smooth and they’re all loving it. It’s an example of what every dissenting province or state should aspire too.

Toss the toys out of the stroller and wait for somebody else to pick them up.

Also the EU is not a country, it’s an alliance. If you want to leave a country then you’d be more appropriate to compare the Scottish Referendum and its ups and downs. Which probably still wouldn’t be a good comparison because while a member of the UK, Scotland is already a country.
              Last edited by Blaithin; Jun 18, 2021, 20:08.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                So your saying it’s better to stay in a toxic relationship???
                Either demand respect or leave, is it not that simple?
                I work with a guy that constantly says “I get no respect around here” It sounds just as juvenile coming from him as when Wexiteers say it.

If you had a young person working for you and they claimed they don’t get any respect, what would you do?

That phrase is almost exclusively 100% used by people who are mad because they don’t get their way.

Comment

Yah, let’s stick around and keep getting cornholed!

Comment

I have cows that think life must be so much better on the other side of the fence.

Then they get over there, have a blast for a bit, then start to realize none of their friends are with them and they’ve got no water.

Be smarter than a cow.

Comment

The whole idea behind Wexit is to have people react to their discontent.

Let’s look at it this way.

If Kenney was leading a Wexit movement - because UCP was super gung ho with him to get rid of Notley discontent - would he be someone you want leading your new country?

If Wexit is voted in, who within that party do you think would be a genuine good leader for a new country?

Easy to say Let’s GTF out, I don’t like the politics of Canada, but honestly, out of the pan into the fire. There’s nobody preaching it that could properly head a newly developed country. So that leaves what? Join the States?

If you want to live under American Law, move to America.

If you want to make Alberta it’s own fledgling country, find someone who could actually manage that (good luck!)

Comment

Blaithin, all emotions and resentment aside, this is an economic issue.
                        Canada with the exception of Alberta is aging to the point where they will all be a net drain on the economy in perpetuity. The west, with a young growing population and resources will increasingly be singlehandedly supporting the entire country. While simultaneously being beaten down with virtue signalling laws and regulations. While also being forced into submission by the US to keep our resources land locked and reliant on their market until we are forced to accept whatever terms they are willing to offer. They are already by far our largest trading partner, even compared with the rest of Canada.

Starting an independent land locked country with malicious neighbors on all sides would be ridiculous. One way or another we will be forced into joining the US. Either destitute after being bled dry by the rest of this former country, and unable to develop our resources, or from a position of relative economic strength when the US needs our commodities.

The outcome is inevitable, the route is yet to be determined.

At this point, it is about choosing the least worst option. And the least bad timing to do so. There is no good option right now. A strong commodity boom will be our best chance.
                        Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jun 19, 2021, 10:41.

Comment

I work with a guy that constantly says “I get no respect around here” It sounds just as juvenile coming from him as when Wexiteers say it.

If you had a young person working for you and they claimed they don’t get any respect, what would you do?

That phrase is almost exclusively 100% used by people who are mad because they don’t get their way.
                          I know a man who says that he gets no respect and he is controlled by a unbelievably abusive woman. She has an ap where she tracks his every move, every day of his life is pure hell. She screams and yells often starting first thing in morning and holds his feet to the fire on every thing he does. So chickee, you don’t know what its like for some so shove it!

And about being a cow on one side of the fence, most of my friends are on this side of the fence, the rest I don’t really care if they shun me because they might get a little cold, not worth the effort. I’ll survive.

Comment

Maybe he is boomer ( your term for older people) that watched alot of Rodney Dangerfield.

Maybe you are the one missing the humour in it all.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              Blaithin, all emotions and resentment aside, this is an economic issue.
                              Canada with the exception of Alberta is aging to the point where they will all be a net drain on the economy in perpetuity. The west, with a young growing population and resources will increasingly be singlehandedly supporting the entire country. While simultaneously being beaten down with virtue signalling laws and regulations. While also being forced into submission by the US to keep our resources land locked and reliant on their market until we are forced to accept whatever terms they are willing to offer. They are already by far our largest trading partner, even compared with the rest of Canada.

Starting an independent land locked country with malicious neighbors on all sides would be ridiculous. One way or another we will be forced into joining the US. Either destitute after being bled dry by the rest of this former country, and unable to develop our resources, or from a position of relative economic strength when the US needs our commodities.

The outcome is inevitable, the route is yet to be determined.
                              Yes it’s economic but do you think being a State is going to improve the scenario?

We’d go from supporting 25 million people to 300 million. Or you don’t think we’d be supporting places like California and New York?

A large portion of the climate people posturing against Alberta oil are Americans/Californians. So they’re just going to approve all the pipelines after shutting them down because we’re American? Oil is a resource in purgatory. Alberta has bet on it too hard and is paying for it. Why should we bet everything on it again?

It’s a pipe dream. America is going through its own resource revolution against climate change and add in severe drought and a huge population. They’d bleed us dry faster than East ever will.

The East built the West. They have a solid 300 years on us. If we can’t manage a few decades of supporting them then wtf do we think being part of a country is even about? As resources change and economics fluctuate and populations grow all countries will experience changes and supports. The idea that we can always be appreciated and supported is a pipe dream.
                              Last edited by Blaithin; Jun 19, 2021, 10:47.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...