• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta following Texas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never “gotten” my way , had to earn it , every single thing over many years ..
    that’s the difference in attitude now , you don’t get something your way , you gotta earn it .. most can’t comprehend that

Most of us knuckle dragging Agriviller’s here get it ..

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      I have never “gotten” my way , had to earn it , every single thing over many years ..
      that’s the difference in attitude now , you don’t get something your way , you gotta earn it .. most can’t comprehend that

Who decides when you’ve done enough to earn something?

Comment

Just how did Alberta earn its massive oil and gas reserves?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Maybe he is boomer ( your term for older people) that watched alot of Rodney Dangerfield.

Maybe you are the one missing the humour in it all.
          Boomer is a term for baby boomer, not my term. Which I’m sure you know.

And no, he’s early 20s and probably doesn’t know who Rodney Dangerfield is. If many on here heard him say it I’m sure they would scoff at him and launch into stories of “when I was your age....!”

Which is where I pause and try and find the difference. Why can older generations say it about Alberta and it’s legit but if a young adult says it it’s worthy of scorn. To me they are very, very similar. Discontent people with an inflated sense of self worth.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
            It’s not about getting your way. That’s a lousy analogy!!
            What’s it about then?

You don’t want to pay equalization.
            You want them to buy our oil.
            You want pipelines passed.
            You don’t want a carbon tax.
            Could probably tack on more political representation for the smaller west population.

It wouldn’t matter what the East says about the West of all those things went our way.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Blaithin, all emotions and resentment aside, this is an economic issue.
              Canada with the exception of Alberta is aging to the point where they will all be a net drain on the economy in perpetuity. The west, with a young growing population and resources will increasingly be singlehandedly supporting the entire country. While simultaneously being beaten down with virtue signalling laws and regulations. While also being forced into submission by the US to keep our resources land locked and reliant on their market until we are forced to accept whatever terms they are willing to offer. They are already by far our largest trading partner, even compared with the rest of Canada.

Starting an independent land locked country with malicious neighbors on all sides would be ridiculous. One way or another we will be forced into joining the US. Either destitute after being bled dry by the rest of this former country, and unable to develop our resources, or from a position of relative economic strength when the US needs our commodities.

The outcome is inevitable, the route is yet to be determined.

At this point, it is about choosing the least worst option. And the least bad timing to do so. There is no good option right now. A strong commodity boom will be our best chance.
              Alberta is going to out perform the rest of Canada and single handedly support it? Wow, more fiction and arrogance from an Alberta centric.

So Saskatchewan, BC and Manitoba are providing nothing? And Ontario Quebec with the largest populations and economies much larger than Alberta, with significant natural resources also have nothing to contribute?

Natural resources are important, but oil and gas are going to decline in importance as an energy source. The oil sands unless they change quickly are going to be out competed by lower cost lower emissions sourced fossil fuels.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                If you actually earned it, you will know, definitely know!

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                  Does bite the hand that feeds you come to mind??

East built the west, not so sure about that.

So many are just suckers for punishment!!
                  How was Canada developed then? Where did they land first? Why did they invest to come out West? Why were wars fought over the territory?

I’ll give you a hint: none of those answers are Alberta or oil.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                    If you actually earned it, you will know, definitely know!
                    Haha ok. Only people who have actually earned something know it and nobody who hasn’t earned something ever thinks they have.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      Just how did Alberta earn its massive oil and gas reserves?
                      Don’t care was not the point

Comment

Only time and hard work will tell
                        Who decides you should get something for doing nothing ?

Comment

The East built the West. They have a solid 300 years on us. If we can’t manage a few decades of supporting them then wtf do we think being part of a country is even about? As resources change and economics fluctuate and populations grow all countries will experience changes and supports. The idea that we can always be appreciated and supported is a pipe dream.[/QUOTE]

How do you think many independent nations evolved? They broke away, put on their big-boy pants and kissed the “ mother nation” goodbye. I hope I live long enough to see the West grow up. There is no doubt in my mind we will do just fine.
                          Last edited by sumdumguy; Jun 19, 2021, 11:27.

Comment

Only time and hard work will tell
                            Who decides you should get something for doing nothing ?
                            The government obviously.

Comment

The government obviously.
                              Correct , a government that now feels it has the right to give away a tremendous amount of money to those who don’t earn it .. the liberals.
                              Not here to argue just simply pointing out that wealth is created and earned not handed out like participation ribbons at a track meet . There is a reason why some have more than others
                              Many have a lot more than me , as long as they have earned it .. good on them 👍

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                                How do you think many independent nations evolved? They broke away, put on their big-boy pants and kissed the “ mother nation” goodbye. I hope I live long enough to see the West grow up. There is no doubt in my mind we will do just fine.
                                Joining the States would not be growing up and becoming independent. It would be going to a Foster home.
                                Last edited by Blaithin; Jun 19, 2021, 11:34.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.