• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conveyors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conveyors

We are looking at upgrading our load out auger to a conveyor. Curious what brand and size guys would recommend? Do all work to load canola now? Do they need to be stored in doors or covered in winter to avoid freezing up?

Thanks

If in the market myself I'd compare to a u trough auger.

Comment

We’ve been running Brandt conveyors for almost 10 years and have had 4 and liked them all. Our last 2 were oilseed conveyors and we were happy with them. I did have one Batco and wasn’t happy with it. The mover was horrific (it may be improved now) and we had more trouble with belts breaking/coming off. I rarely use an auger anymore, as an added bonus my wife lets me bring the younger kids when I am loading trucks if I am not using an auger

Comment

Those long cables can be a problem in really cold weather ( was a Batco ) but belts seem to turn ok just a little stiff for a few seconds. Sure are nice for those hoppers that are not quite high enough for the reg auger and hopper to slide under. Always loads faster than it looks to me.

Comment

We got our first conveyor this year. Brandt 52'. Nice machine, way faster than 10" auger. Didn't get oilseed kit as we got it mainly for fertilizer, using it on cereals is a bonus. Great mover, we seldom have to lock in the wheels, the small wheels usually have enough traction to move it. It will turn completely sideways if needed, mover will rotate that much. My Sakundiak mover only goes about 30 degrees, sometimes annoying. It will be kept inside, so not sure about freezing. Nice long intake means lots of adjustment room if truck isn't centered under spout.
          Only issues I feel is that hitch is heavy and awkward, but still manageable. Exhaust on engine blew on to a deflector plate. Annoying and loud, I added a pipe to get exhaust up and out of engine area. Cut noise in half and no more black crap in there.
          Only about 1/3 of our bins are high profile hoppers, so we still need auger/grain vac. That is why no oilseed kit.

Comment

Brandt!

Comment

Have a Brandt and a Batco, the Brandt is nicely built, fast mover almost jogging speed, but the Batco is a significantly faster loader. Not a fan of the hopper on the Batco, also put tire chains on it in the winter or it just gets stuck everywhere. For loading out canola I use a 12inch Meridian auger, didn't have enough power from factory to load fully until I jimmied the governor now It's almost too fast, have to be on your toes.
              Last edited by biglentil; Jun 18, 2021, 07:32.

Comment

Tried a Brandt 2045 in dry cereals. Was a complete disgrace. To slow of belt speed and not a wide enough belt for the size of the tube. Have batco and meridian (reliabelt) on the farm and meridian by far the fastest.
                Tried a Brandt u-trough and was impressed with it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...