• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gps fence

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gps fence

Getting a pup shortly and am debating on an underground fence or gps fence. I have a 10 acre yard site and another 70 acres of field and bush. The gps would give him access to everything whereas trenching the wire would limit him to about 5 acres to avoid cutting wire with equipment on low ground.
    I remember seeing gps stuff a few years back at agritrade, anybody actually try it?
    Thanks

We are looking for more info as well for our livestock guard dogs. The only place I can find is an American system called invisible fence.

Any Canadian distributors? I will watch this thread.

Sorry it’s spot on virtual fence. The invisible fence is a non gps wire perimeter.
    Last edited by Sheepwheat; Jun 12, 2021, 12:12.

Comment

There is a system for livestock I think it is called e-shepherd. It was in testing a couple of years ago may be
      Available commercially by now.

Comment

Originally posted by DaneG View Post
        There is a system for livestock I think it is called e-shepherd. It was in testing a couple of years ago may be
        Available commercially by now.
        The shepherd I found looks like collars to put on sheep that scares predators away if sheep are attacked.

Comment

http://agersens.com/ http://agersens.com/

Comment

I walked my male maremma pup around the perimeter several years ago daily for about a month and he doesn’t wander at all. I did get him fixed which I now regret but may have something to do with any desire to wander. Will get another maremma again, great dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
              I walked my male maremma pup around the perimeter several years ago daily for about a month and he doesn’t wander at all. I did get him fixed which I now regret but may have something to do with any desire to wander. Will get another maremma again, great dog.
              Yeah no wandering, they just come home here where the sheep are in winter. As our fences get bigger and further from home I need the peace of mind they are staying put.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...