• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Great day today I'm sitting in line for my second shot and then in 14 days, Trudeau can go **** himself with this whole lockdown bullshit. End of July it's off to our home down south for the first time in over a year.

Get your shot it's still your choice but everyone that was in the ICU last month hadn't had a shot. So if you want this country to open up get your vaccine. Otherwise were locked down forever.

It's Thirsty Thursday and some will get some well-deserved rain today. We are at 3.4 in for the year since April 1. This week so far we got the short end of the stick. .5 to .7 whereas Indian head almost 2 inches. North of us 1.2 inches. Today and tomorrow the forecast is either huge rain for us or not much. But I know one thing yesterday I was planting some replacement trees after the rain and in the grass, we need more rain. In fields digging down better but the ground still isn't full-back to normal from last year's bake oven and dry winter.

Seeding is 99% done with only our usual guys left the Organic the Cowboy and the guy with way too many acres looking for crop insurance. It's not June 20th so most are still ok.

Wheat is up on all fields the early seeded in April look fantastic and are now sprayed for in crop. These fields are just about above some shortcut canola stubble. MAy first seeded is ready to be sprayed and will be the first to get covered after the rain event. Later seeded in mid-may have caught up to May 1 seeded and only weed pressure is volunteer canola plants that for some reason flea beetles won't eat. Why?

Barley the new variety AAC Connect is looking real good. Time will tell. It's off to a great start. Will be sprayed next week. Not much other than Canola coming.

Oats seeded early is up and late is just coming up.

Peas finally are up and guys have started spraying last week some and the rain did yellow spots.

Lentils we have a few guys adding fields this year and so far looks good.

Flax is up and rows you can start to see.

Canola the slow sister is having issues like always this year some burnt coming out of the ground those couple 37 C days and I'm not sure they will survive. Otherwise nice rows and all ours is up even the later in May seeded. I have sprayed 1600 acres of Liberty already and only a few have sprayed for Flea beetles. We have some fields with such heavy trash and you can still see rows. No reseeding in our area on Canola.

Lots still cleaning up from seeding and focusing on spraying and hauling grain out.

Have a great day hopefully those who need a first rain get and it's a good one. Those who got lots can get less and were all one big happy farming family.

Looks like the Regina blocking pattern is in full force this morning as one has gone east of the city and one bigger one on the west side and both NE. What causes this I have know idea.

Comment

Forecast predicting 36 degrees for next Tuesday. Carumba CumuloNimbus - get your hail insurance! And Right On, Saskfarmer, you are one smart cookie, I’d say, you don’t miss much. We too were watching the Regina Block this morning and wonder WTH is it? Even Tuesday’s rain, we only had 3/10 in Regina but both directions out of Regina got inches. Something weird.
      Last edited by sumdumguy; Jun 10, 2021, 06:16.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        Forecast predicting 36 degrees for next Tuesday. Carumba Cumulous Nimbus - get your hail insurance! And Right On, Saskfarmer, you are one smart cookie, I’d say, you don’t miss much. We too were watching the Regina Block this morning and wonder WTH is it? Even Tuesday’s rain, we only had 3/10 in Regina but both directions out of Regina got inches. Something weird.
        Watch current radar at NB , play the 3 hour , you will see the same pattern in this area .

Comment

I just find it funny storm comes up from Montana hits close to Regina and splits or some times it picks up after and we get huge rains.

Sick to watch on radar some times you want to throw you phone against the wall.

Wheat AAC Starbucks

Barley AAC Connect

Canola bayers new one

Last seeded end of may 29 th.

Comment

Pioneer new 505 direct cut plus disease.

Spraying has started because of you don’t spray you have piss all for yield and it’s a mess.

I watch the organic guy beside us work with tandem disc all twitch grass in then cult with a valmar attachment not sure what you can apply then seed then harrow. With rain it will start growing interesting to watch. Profit not sure how much because yield is low.

Land that was burnt black from spring fire

Comment

The Idaho lows plowing in from the South West are a faint memory, aren’t they? Now our rain systems seem to push up from the South East. Oh well, whatever way we get rain, is awesome. But poor land closer to city gets sweet tweet. But that could change- any minute. 😂

Comment

Did a trip
                South some guys still seeding all way down to Poplar River.

Saskatchewan has lots to explore. Even climbed to the top and explored the cave.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  Looks like the Regina blocking pattern is in full force this morning as one has gone east of the city and one bigger one on the west side and both NE. What causes this I have know idea.
                  North/East of the valley has to be getting into to wet country soon?

Comment

Comment

Real pretty looking crops there SF👍

Comment

Why don't they just put a sticker on the health services card like the renewal sticker???

You show your Health services card when you get your needle and they apply a sticker.

Can no one think of simple solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                          Are those for your forehead, all kidding aside I’m waiting until the bribes get bigger, this could be a big windfall. 🙂
                          Selling fake stickers will be the windfall for a while, until the charter challenges are heard. Cant control what another country asks for, but in Canada, it is illegal to demand any sort of medical identification.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                            Are those for your forehead, all kidding aside I’m waiting until the bribes get bigger, this could be a big windfall. 🙂
                            Agree , maybe they will pay for next years inputs if I wait to go get my second shot or my kids high university costs . I have taken zero from this whole covid b/s either have my kids . But paid a lot of tax and will be stuck with massive tax bills for years . So maybe it’s time to wait er out and get our hands out like the rest of this pathetic society.
                            Liberals are turning Canadian society into a bunch of government hand out welfare bums and people are jumping all over it . Canada was built on wealth creators not welfare takers ... and it going backwards extremely fast . Soon there will be no one left to create wealth in Canada ... what’s the point of busting ones butt for others to do SFA and get everything paid for cause that’s exactly what’s going on .
                            Other countries have tried this social experiment and it has bankrupt all of them for generations.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

Last seeded end of may 29 th.

How do you get the bourgault to seed canola without all the clumped together plants?....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...