• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soft Close at Auction

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soft Close at Auction

Some auction houses extend the bidding time when someone submits a bid at the end of an auction. So if an auction has a close time of 12:00 noon, it doesn’t mean the bidding will stop at that very time.

I have noticed that if there are active bidders on a an item when the time runs out they will add more time.

Comment

Auctions have become stupid and a waste of time
      Why pay more at an auction than a dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        Auctions have become stupid and a waste of time
        Why pay more at an auction than a dealer?
        No kidding ...its like people don't know anything about CCA or depreciation or lack of warranty.

When I use to go to an auction I figure out how much that should be worth on the books...and then still only pay two thirds of that, otherwise I might as well be sitting in an air conditioned dealers office.

Comment

They function well at setting the price and liquidation. Easy access to unique junk.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            No kidding ...its like people don't know anything about CCA or depreciation or lack of warranty.

When I use to go to an auction I figure out how much that should be worth on the books...and then still only pay two thirds of that, otherwise I might as well be sitting in an air conditioned dealers office.
            Nah just inflation and money printing.
            Stealership prices are insane

Comment

If you accidentally put $6500 in the max bid instead of 65.00, the bidding can go on forever if someone else made the same mistake. I googled max bid and one auction went on for 6 years, unbelievable. (Mucho Trauma)

Comment

Originally posted by Ab7 View Post
                Nah just inflation and money printing.
                Stealership prices are insane
                Errol said machinery prices should drop eventually.

Comment

I know a online bull sale I bought at this spring drug on for two hours after the closing time. They gave 5 minutes after each bid and none of the lots closed till there was no bids for five minutes. It took way too long and you had to pay constant attention when bidding on multiple lots.

The seller was very very happy with how it turned out though………

Comment

Don't forget the saving on hotdogs and pie when bidding at home. WINNING ! MY dealers lot is empty so where do you go?

Comment

I love hot dogs and pie.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        I love hot dogs and pie.
                        They're good, but ya can't beat the Ocktoberfest sausage with sauerkraut.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                          They're good, but ya can't beat the Ocktoberfest sausage with sauerkraut.
                          Don’t forget the beer and giant pretzels to go with those classics 🍻

Comment

A lot of catering outfits took a big hit since auctions went on line only and feedback from farm guys selling out it doesn't look like farm yard sales are coming back. Lots of guys dragging stuff out of the bush and putting big price on it ,if it doesn't sell even scrap price isn't bad these days.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.