• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
    I've yet to experience a 95+* heat that is "beneficial".

Stack that onto 15-20mph wind and good things do not happen.

That said, it looks like today is the last of the worst heat for "us" for a little while, but it's worth noting that Spring Wheat country in the US is going to get DAYS of this! On top of soil moisture deficits that currently exist, there may be no coming back from this next 5-7 days for much of the Dakotas, Montana, Nebraska, and Kansas.
    North Dakota is toast , others to follow

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Why are prairie the provinces turning down enhanced federal funding for Agristability?

Most farm groups want a better safety net and would be happier with an improved Agristability! Improving Agristabilty in the short term will help.

A few more weeks of plus 30 C and very little rain might make the changes to Agristability look good. But farmers are all 10ft tall and bullet proof untill there not!
      Ohh the humanity of all those plus 30 days coming ...

Ok Les Nesman ....

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

Comment

Thank you furrow...

I laugh every time I think of that clip....its so true of any leader it seems these days...

Just classic.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            North Dakota is toast , others to follow
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ecmwf june temp anomaly.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	771158

Name:	ecmwf june precip anomaly.jpg
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	771159

Rainshower lottery is going to pick winners and losers this year. The forecasted "averages" are not in our favour!

Comment

Drought is nothing beaver count is 27 and going broke on gas and bullets. My little world I know but gives me a reason to escape the wife. Also turning hot and dry here.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Ohh the humanity of all those plus 30 days coming ...

Ok Les Nesman ....
                Somebody please sacrifice a live turkey out of a chopper, what could go wrong?

Comment

Yesterday someone said Fort Quappelle got to 40C in the valley. wow, that's a hot good day for beer and ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                    June weather looks to be settling in like it does most every year, thunderstorms and cooler here.
                    Ya I see the same pattern for about 2 weeks
                    The lottery begins ...

Comment

dust settler here last night

Comment

Name:	june 11.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	771160.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          oh, someone commented on the weather. We need this heat to speed up a crop that was slowed down by two weeks of cold temps.

Yes, Ag Stab doesn't pay only if you create a structure change maybe? Need to ask the experts who collect.
                          And Ag stability doesn't take structural change into account when they calculate your payout? Yes they do!

"Maybe" SF you don't sound very confident in your knowledge.

Ask your accountant if you don't understand the program.

If you have half a crop because of drought your program year margin will reflect your half a crop.
                          Last edited by chuckChuck; Jun 4, 2021, 07:23.

Comment

Did someone post something.

Nah it's just our resident Asshole.

Ill Moveon.

Comment

Hot one today. Watch ND and south as yesterday's temps are now hitting those areas.

They are dryer than us so wheat is going to move higher.

wow, the garden needs water.

Wonder how the carpet farmers handle weather like this. Oh, mommy brings them freezies.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                                Drought is nothing beaver count is 27 and going broke on gas and bullets. My little world I know but gives me a reason to escape the wife. Also turning hot and dry here.
                                Escaping the wife, and getting beaver elsewhere...
                                27 is impressive, what is your secret? Money, fame?
                                Gas and bullets though, must have been some close calls with husbands coming home if you needed both.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...