• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAIS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAIS

Is the CAIS program going to help cattle producers to any extent ?

I really haven't heard much about it sence the dead line in June.

Comment

I'm relatively new to being a full time producer, and CAIS has told me that they will not be giving any assistance to me.

The reason for this is that I'm under a high debt load (due to the costs of starting up an operation and aquiring a breeding herd and the untimeliness of that lone case of BSE last year which killed any profit I'd have realised on my calves).

I was told by CAIS that I would qualify for assistance only if I could bring my negative margin up to at least zero. So basically I've got to make $22,000.00 this year over what I made last year before I'll see one red cent of aid from them.

What sort of help this program is supposed to be eludes me.

Sure makes you wonder where the next generation of cattle producers is going to come from.

Take care.

Comment

Thay call 22.000.00 a heavey dedt load.
        are thay NUTS.
        thats only 1/2 a truck or 1/4 a tractor.
        If thay won't help you there are a lot out there thay are not going to help.

Comment

They are still talking about maybe covering negative margins. I think they are waiting for pressure before they give in on it.

Keep your eyes on them, it may not be over yet. I think there are going to be lots of negatives this year, so maybe they won't be so easy to ignore.

Write to your MP, and make sure they know how unhappy you are.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...