• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is laughing now.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is laughing now.

My wife picks out a heifer each year for herself.In 2001 she picked out her heifer as usual but she traded her for a horse that fall.My sons and I all had a good laugh at her and I never let an opportunity to traumatize her about it pass by...until May 20th '03.
    Long story short...she put a little work on the horse and sold her last week for $2300.00.
    Is there an industrial strength cleaner out there that will remove egg off of a face????
    Maybe if I talk real nice she'll lend me ELEVEN FRIGGIN DOLLARS for a pack of smokes.

i bought a pack at boone's infamous carwash coop for 12.00, wanna trade 209 packs for a horse. i'll be 209 bucks ahead....lol

Comment

I smoke too and buying horses. You know alot of things really don't make sence or do they. The taboaco farmers are all going bank rupped they can't sell their taboaco, but we all need it just to keep going, and the most expencive crop is pot and that is elegal some times. You can't grow in but you can maybe have one little joint and not get into trouble. The beer and acahol sales are way up, but the brewerys are going broke. I really don't get it. We all like to eat, but we don't like to buy it. We seem to buy every thing else at the asking price and don't really say to much, maybe even brag about what we payed.

Comment

I like your sense of humor Joe. I've seen where smokes are available online, would that be illegal?

In the US they've started the heavy tobacco taxes (not quite to Canadian levels yet), but not on loose tobacco. US cattle producers, just like Canadian cattle producers are the most independant minded of the population, and many have gone to rolling their own to thwart the tax. The man thought all those haggard old cowboys that could roll a smoke one handed were dead; there's a few left.

I can't say how, but I have a good friend that comes down and gets indian smokes and then goes back north. We have a good laugh about cheap smokes being worse than weed.

Comment

Give your wife a pat on the back ( Job well done)
          I have done that a few times over the years. Bet she takes 2 or 3 young cows and buys another one. LOL
          I smoke too and roll my own. Buy from the Reservation $56.00 a month sure beats the cost of a carton. Here in Ontario I think smokes are cheaper than out west.

Comment

Oxbow, I switched to hand rolling my smokes a while back.It's way cheaper and I smoke less than half as much.I gotta want one bad to stop what I'm doing and roll one.Can't roll'em one handed at a full gallup(like I can even ride,ha!) yet but I'm working on it.Gonna be combining soon (if the weather smartens up) so I was just thinking that a pack of 'taylor mades' might be nice so I don't have to stop OR get cranky.Aahh,the dreams of the poverty stricken...
            One day I had lots of tobacco but was short on papers so sent one of my boys to the store to get me some.He bought the papers and got himself some junk food while he was there.Sure enough,within 3 or 4 days I heard that my son was "on dope"!!! Small towns are fun!! We all had a good laugh at that one.
            Heard this line from a guy I used to work with.."Any wimp can quit smoking but it takes a REAL man to face cancer"!!
            If anybody else has some young green horses they want to trade for cattle,call my wife......please!!!

Comment

Incongruento: My house keeper needs an explanation, and if you started smoking we are done as an industry I expect. Happy trails!

Comment

Boonester:

Lately, my brains come in a small package called Player's Light.

Did it freeze on ur farm? Or is everyone still on the Nile?

Comment

Incognito: It never froze here. There will be a provincial Liberal government in Alberta this winter, and all the young ladies say I look just like Brad Pit. So there you have it, and excepting Cleopatra who comes into clean three times a week, everything is as it should be. Now about those hero sticks(look on his hat) spend a couple hours on Royal U's big C clinic etc. You will toss and go and never look back. Your family deserves the best, give it to them.( self[right]ous sob)that I am.

Comment

Point Taken.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...