• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Story about Peace Country Tender Beef Wrong

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Story about Peace Country Tender Beef Wrong

Sorry to those who were excited as I was. Just got off the phone with a Vet at CFIA. She pulled Dr. Gary Little out of the Roundtable meeting, and asked for his take on the Media realease from Grande Prarie. Simply said, it was either twisted, or wrong. There is no approval from CFIA for testing at this point.

Maybe we better work a little harder on getting that changed.

Japan doesn't seem to be looking very hard at American beef either, so we need to make some radical changes in the way we are handling this thing.

We can't just sit and wait for Japan to open up to the Americans, because that is what is holding the Americans up from opening the border to us.

Bypass the two of them, and get on with it. Let them sit and dicker between themselves, because we don't have that kind of time to play with. They could stretch their differences out for years, because they don't have the urgency we do.

Comment

The way I heard Neal Peacock explain it yesterday on agri-talk with Jim Fisher was that the testing was going to be for the domestic market only. They aren't looking at any new markets at this time.

I don't know what it will do to have a plant built to supply more to the domestic market when we are already at capacity in terms of per capita consumption of beef. It may move more animals through the system and alleviate having to feed them. Where I am having some difficulty is with the resulting meat. What do you do with it once it's frozen and ready to go. It does have a limited shelf life even frozen.

Comment

Just heard this morning that their going to build the plant in Dawson Creek BC. Apparently the city is giving them some cheap land and a break on taxes. Good on them!

Comment

Sure is confusing when the newspapers print things as fact without throughly researching their stories.

Heres'a link to the plant's site story.

http://www.dailyheraldtribune.com/Z01_00abeaverlodge0830.lasso

(Just copy and paste it into the web address tool bar then hit the return or go button on your computer)

Take care.

Comment

I just spoke with a CFIA vet today who told me that the CFIA hasn't received a formal request to test yet. He said that until a formal request is made, that the official response is 'no comment'.

That doesn't mean it won't happen, just that it's too soon to say if they will approve testing or not.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...