• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on tractor fire.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on tractor fire.

The municipal fire chief looked at my tractor yesterday and thinks it was started by worn clamp on the battery cable to the starter. Such a minor thing with major consequences. Makes me think that a handy battery disconnect should be standard equipment.

Comment

We’ve installed them on a few pieces of equipment and it’s handy as well when the starter solenoid sticks and won’t stop cranking. Our TX 66’s have them from the factory and it’s convenient to flick it off every night. Only downside is there’s another connection to go bad.............

Electrical gremlins are never fun to deal with. Bummer about the loss.

Comment

I've started putting them on everything when they start needing a boost with no other obvious reasons. Older tractors, trucks.
        Trick is to find heavy enough ones. Burnt up the napa ones. I used the same ones as on the combines. Pricey though.

Comment

I just put two if need be
          We have nearly everything done
          can lose the whole shed of equipment without them

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...